Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

hey thank you guys for the info.

hey Draconius, can you send pictures of your clear coat bra? is it easy to see?

Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM

I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. I have to wash my car. But you really can't see it unless you are looking for it. It covers from about 8-10" back on the hood all the way to the bottom of the front lip

Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 AM

I just bought blitz turbo timer with boost gauge. what do u guys think? I love the car for the get-up-and-go personality cause it's compact, butit kinda hinders that experience because u have to let the turbo cool down by lettin it on idlefor 30 sec toa minute so u couldnt just leave once u get to your destination. that's why i got the turbo timer. and a plus to that is it has a built in boost gause but it's in hkpa (japa spec) as supposed to psi (english system). butI think i'll get used to it very fast. I looked up the formula to convert it from one to another. After all a measurement is a measurement. I just want to see how much I'm workin the turbo and if I add mods I want to see an objective result. Also, I ordered engine mount. Do you guys really think it'll reduce the wheel hop? I hope so. I'll keep you guys post with the installation.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM

mikems3 do you still want the HKS blowoff valve for 125?

mike

Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Yep i emailed you back this morning.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:07 PM

FYI -
The body facia/trim aroundthe Speed3 seems to be very "plasticy". I have been catching alot of sand/gravel with my tires and spinning it into the wheel wells where it crackles & knocks around, making a very plasticy sound... I recently bought 2 spray cans of3M Rubberized Undercoating and pulled off each wheel -- sprayed the underside of the plastic body parts -- and it has quieted down nicely. I don't know if this has bothered any of you - but you may want to consider sprayingrubberized undercoating on you Speed3. It makes the car sound like a higher quality sedan... You could do the whole job with one 20 oz. can -- but it tends to clog, so I used 2 cans. Good Luck.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 PM

Hey mica black that sounds like a really good and most likely cheap thing to do. Never thought of it. Spanx.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: MicaBlackMSSP3

FYI -
The body facia/trim aroundthe Speed3 seems to be very "plasticy". I have been catching alot of sand/gravel with my tires and spinning it into the wheel wells where it crackles & knocks around, making a very plasticy sound... I recently bought 2 spray cans of3M Rubberized Undercoating and pulled off each wheel -- sprayed the underside of the plastic body parts -- and it has quieted down nicely. I don't know if this has bothered any of you - but you may want to consider sprayingrubberized undercoating on you Speed3. It makes the car sound like a higher quality sedan... You could do the whole job with one 20 oz. can -- but it tends to clog, so I used 2 cans. Good Luck.
Damn...looks like I might have my project for this weekend.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3

Yep i emailed you back this morning.

hey where did you send a email to? Send again to mikeandiana83003@aol.com

mike

Old 04-29-2007, 06:10 AM

hey guys i just test drove a silver sport today and was thinking of getting a GT, i was just wondering if anyone is still have the issues that were comming up in the earlyer post like with the purge valve. i will be getting this car to replace my 98.5 A4 1.8t which has about 270hp so this car is close in speed to mine, im just looking for something that isnt in the shop all the time... any input and advice would be great and i know this car will be a big change from my audi i love it but the thing just has issues and likes the dealer more than me.
thanks

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread