Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

the speed is pretty good ,butdoes have some issues. Mine had issues. First day i owned mine it threw five codes and the oxygen sensor was replaced. then a week later CEL came on again. the car started to lose power. it was weird in a strange way. one minute the car was a beast and then the next just a complete dog. that just me though. I traded out for a Trailblazer SS and LS2 covette engine is nice change from the MS3

mike

Old 04-29-2007, 12:43 PM

Purge valve at 800 miles and Intake Runners at about 4500 if i remember correctly. But to be honest since then it's been flawless, and knock on wood, seems like it's going to be all smiles from here on out. Yes there have been some issues but it's possible that they have been remedied since that time at the assembly line. Possible, yet unlikely. These cases have been few and far between as i am gathering from the post's and my dealers actions. So I encourage you to endure a bump or two at the start, maybe, to be able to enjoy all this car offers. ThoughI have to say, I would'nt blame you one bit for steering clear completly. Really has'nt been too bad, i got flustered with it, but no new vehicle i've owned as had issues upfront like that, and so i was new to the 'new model hiccup' thing. I'd be happy to field any other questions you have about these issues and the Speed3. Peace.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:17 PM

:knock on wood:

I haven't had a significant problem. All that mine does is sometimes the radio gets some static.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: audi4snow
... i was just wondering if anyone is still have the issues that were comming up in the earlyer post like with the purge valve. i will be getting this car to replace my 98.5 A4 1.8t which has about 270hp so this car is close in speed to mine, im just looking for something that isnt in the shop all the time... my audi i love it but the thing just has issues and likes the dealer more than me.
Yeah, gotta' wonder what's up w/the German cars these days. They USED to be the std. for QC, but have since fallen off that throne.
Audi's, like VW's, on the other hand, have been hit or miss for many years now. I wouldn't buy one.
As far as the Speed is concerned, it is it's maiden voyage year, so you may want to wait un til the '08's are out. Though I doubt you'd have any unsolvable problems w/the Speed, but you might instead look @ the n/a 3 which has a better than average relaibility record.
As an American I hate to say it, but the Japanese get it (understand,) and get it right more often than not.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM

i ordered my mazdaspeed cai and should be here mid week. anybody here have it? what difference does it make in terms of "feel"? I guess it should be paired with mazdaspeed exhaust to get that +30hp, right?

Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM

Had the purge valve replaced at 400 miles. Haven't had a problem since. My overall mileage has increased to 24.9 mpg. I am sure if I drove more highway miles, 28 would not be out of the question.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM

hey zoozoomwannabe..

to get 24.9, how are your driving habits? are you very conservative and shift low? i cant seem to break 21 mpg and i feel as though im driving extrememly slow

Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM

I average about 23-24. I shift at VERY conservative times, don't tap into the turbo that much, don't use A/C...that's what windows are for.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:31 PM

Just got my MS CAI installed on Saturday. You can definetely feel the power, specifically in the mid-range. And it sounds awesome. You can really hear the turbo spooling if you get on it a little. Apparently I have seen more than one dyno run where the CAI is giving around 20 hp and a similair boost in torque. After getting the CAI, I've begun leaning towards the purchase of a BOV. Any ideas on what to get?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Captain GJ

Just got my MS CAI installed on Saturday. You can definetely feel the power, specifically in the mid-range. And it sounds awesome. You can really hear the turbo spooling if you get on it a little. Apparently I have seen more than one dyno run where the CAI is giving around 20 hp and a similair boost in torque. After getting the CAI, I've begun leaning towards the purchase of a BOV. Any ideas on what to get?
https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_42671/tm.htm

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread