Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

make sure you post when you get the car back, i gotta call tommrow I guess this must be a problem for the spd3 because thats like 4 people so far including myself with this issue.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:10 AM

Yes, I will. According to the service advisor, it is an ongoing problem with the 6 as well. They gave me a loner car, but still it is a pain in the *** to deal with.

I did have something interesting happen yesterday. I had posted before about how I have not seen another S3 here. I had just dropped off my car at the dealers, and stopped by the grocery store. I ran into the son of an old friend of mine. We got to talking, and I asked him what kind of car he was driving. Turns out, he bought the first S3 that was sold here. How ironic!

Also, while I was at the dealer, they told me they just got in another black one, and were pretty sure it was already sold. So, that makes 4 that they have received so far, and all have sold in only a few days.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:13 PM

New member of the forum, here. Just got my MS3 on Saturday. True Red GT. I'm real stoked. It is a great car to drive. Sporty enough, but not too much of a compromise anywhere else...Hopefully no CEL issues as I see this thread has turned into...

For the record, I paid MSRP in Houston, TX.

I'm already considering the CAI and CBE. I kinda like the exhaust how it is though, seems free-flowing enough and has a nice snarl at idle. I wonder how much of the quoted increase in power (35hp) would come from just the CAI...?

Joey

Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 PM

Just checking in. They still have my car at the dealers. I called this afternoon to find out what is going on and they told me "they have a call into Mazda tech support". Whatever that means. They have had my car a day and a half, so apparently it isn't something simple. WTF? The car has only got 450 miles on it!!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 PM

Hey congrats on your car. Yeah the CEI thing has turned into a pain. Don't let it worry you. It's one of those things that might not mean a damn thing. Just a nuisance. I still love my car.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:55 PM

Hello, I a proud new Speed3 owner i got mine back on Nov. 4 and could go on and on about why i love this car. I love mazda and this is like that extra icing on the cake. BUT... Maybe i'll gloat and post pics later. Now i want to clear somethings up i see many of you are haveing CEL's and exhaust stuff. Brake probs. I have some answers i have been going through it all and untill now thought it was just me. Number one what i can tell you for sure is that when my CEL cam on i got it to the dealer the next day. They had me on the phone 3 hours later saying it was a faulty purge valve in the fuel tanks Evaporator System. Though i don't know exactly how it all works i get the jist. Mazda said no way. At 800 miles!?! so a call to the Mazda Tech confirmed it was not a miss judged CEL indeed the purge valve was bad. Overnighted... installed... boom done. Quick and easy but a big "whoa what the heck" right?

So CEL is gone and purge valve is replaced. You guys mentioned the carbon and such on the exhaust. I agree. Thought it was a normal thing with an outlet of that size or posibly just because of the engines output. I'm comming from an 03 Protege5 so this is big. I have to wiupe it daily to keep from building up and ruining the chrome. I also have heard the brakes squeak a bit just before the car halts and it's been very faint. Thought okay new ness wearing off...... wrong. This very night I'm comming home from work and i hear squealing. whoa so i stop. And it's as if the brakes squeaked and it were catching every so often. It's directly correlated to the speed. Though the brake pressure has nothing to do with it. I check parking brake many times to see that is was released and it is as released as it can get. I do note that in the down position it's got about a half an inch of play or a bit more just jiggle room before engaging.......weird. So this squeal is my current gripe and i'm, going in tomorrow to give it away yet again at 1350miles to have a problem diagnosed. The only good thing is the dealership is incredible to deal with and it's absolutly painless.

Has anyone noticed the tranny is kinda rough. It's like it is just a mess o[IMG][/IMG]f stuff in there and it mostly does'nt shift smooth. I keep missing third under fun acceleration. And i know how to drive, never owned and automatic, Tested in MD for my license oh so long ago in a 5 speed, drive, straight 7 speeds and double over 10's for a living. I'ma Proffesional driver, i think i can hadle a six speed from mazda, so it weirds me out.

I also wanna note that i have felt a bit of a drop in power under normal acceleration, almost as if it were climing a ladder, missed a rung, and kept on trucking. I believe someone had mentioned something to that effect already. Hopefully you CEL sufferers can use my experience to help along the dealers and possibly bring about widespread attention to it. If any one wants to coment on these things please please do. This area is riddled with people who would'nt own a car unless it were 11 years old and had a neon grean honda emblem, soo it's exciting to find this forum, just sad my first post is to second the calls for help and send out my own.

Thanks,
Mike
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7490/90355035AECB4A4AAEEEE5A9C7F2F74E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 AM

Ditto on the rough tranny I thought it was me, but I see that its not, when your shifting from 1st to 3rd you can actually feel like stuff is moving around in there huh?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:28 AM

Well what i meant by that, (and i am sorry for the lack of correct punctuation and spelling but i type faster than my mind lets be efficient) is that it's rough like the shift gate is'nt clear as if it's hung up. At first i thought maybe i was'nt used to it and was'nt hitting it dead on, but as time goes one i don't believe so.

Like I said, I'll be at the service department @ 7 am so i'll probably have something to report back tomorrow evening. I'll keep you updated. Any one have any other not mentioned issues??? or know where you can find a good collection of things like this other than just randomly encountering it on a forum, like adatabase??

Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 AM

its true it does feel like your catching on things thats what I meant and I have been driving stick a long time as well.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 AM

but from 3rd thru 6 its smooth

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread