Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

Well, not to be an a$$, but your car says MPS and mine says Speed3 on the back (before I ripped it off). Other than that, for the time being our gas is cheaper.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 AM

Hey,. what's up everyone?

I just got a MS3 this past Thursday, and I can't believe how wonderful it is. I havea RedSport edition. The GT edition is certainly sweet, but it would have pushed me over my budget. So far everything has been really awesome. I can't believe I was really looking at getting a GTI before I looked at the MS3. Like alot of you, I have seen so far that shifting is alot easier in 3-6. It seems like first to second jerks ya a little bit, and 2nd to third does the same. So, i didnt know if it was just me, because I haven't driven a stick in 6 years. But, I am still working on my techniques to be very, very proficient. I wish you all the best with your MS3, and I hope to be involved in future threads with you all.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Oh the regular 3 over here doesn't have any spoiler at all on the trunk, so I guess that is why they put that on the mps over here. Well and about that gas price, if I did care about my gas costs then I would have bought some cheap small car.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 AM

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum/thread, from which I've learned a lot about the Speed 3. I've yet to read all of your posts (there is a LOT), but getting there!

04/30/07 was my first day of ownership of a silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT, with no optional equipment, purchased $1K below MSRP. Current mileage is slightly above 1,500 without encountering any problems/bugs so far.

I'm in San Diego and will probably have the car's maintenance performed through the dealership where I made my purchase, but would appreciate feedback from other Speed 3 owners in the area regarding their preferred service department locations in SD. Thanks in advance!

zoomzoomwannabe - thanks for starting a great thread!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM

has anyone put on a mazdaspeed CAI or CBE or both? im very interested to know what peoples opinions are, and if it is worth it?

Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 AM

I put on the CAI took about 2 1/2 hrs but I have worked on cars for many years. The sound is great and did notice the added power but the accel seems to be not as smooth in 6th on highway when accelerating. The CBE is on back order . As they say what goes in most come out so the increase air in has a better place to exhaust with the CBE.As far as installing the CAI it not that difficult. I love modifying cars but have not down it for a while . The cost is not that cheap and until I get the CBE I won't know if the two are worth it But the sound of the intake mmmm good.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: SILVERSP33D

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum/thread, from which I've learned a lot about the Speed 3. I've yet to read all of your posts (there is a LOT), but getting there!

04/30/07 was my first day of ownership of a silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT, with no optional equipment, purchased $1K below MSRP. Current mileage is slightly above 1,500 without encountering any problems/bugs so far.

I'm in San Diego and will probably have the car's maintenance performed through the dealership where I made my purchase, but would appreciate feedback from other Speed 3 owners in the area regarding their preferred service department locations in SD. Thanks in advance!

zoomzoomwannabe - thanks for starting a great thread!

Did you get yours at John Hine? That is where I got my sport True Red. For now all stuff that I can do myself will be done by me. Anything else is under warranty so it will go back to John Hine for that. I haven't had a problem with mine :knock on wood:.

Welcome to the forum. I have only seen 2 other MS3's on the road since I bought mine back in January. One in LA and one in Ramona...I haven't seen any on my streets of SD.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Has anyone installed an after market sunroof? I know that this may reduce the cars rigidity / handling somewhat. One of the dealers (not the one I purchased from) said that they had a shop that installed the factory sunroofs. Any thoughts?

BTW, my son (11) named the car "Wee Beastie". I think it fits this cars to a "T".

Happy owner, Silver GT.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 4570sharps

Has anyone installed an after market sunroof? I know that this may reduce the cars rigidity / handling somewhat. One of the dealers (not the one I purchased from) said that they had a shop that installed the factory sunroofs. Any thoughts?

BTW, my son (11) named the car "Wee Beastie". I think it fits this cars to a "T".

Happy owner, Silver GT.
Check out this video on YouTube of a guy that had an aftermarket moonroof installed on his Speed3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNoxjHlx4z4
I had a little bit of moonroof envy after seeing it, though I eventually got over it.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:26 AM

Hi folks,

Im a MPS 3 owner from Finland reporting in.
Got the car 2 months ago and have 8400km or ~5200miles on the car.

Don´t know if there huge differences between our or US gas, but I had the MPS on dyno and it rolled out 280hp and 410nm.
This is small rally teams own dyno and stock N/A cars usually barely get promised figures on it.

Have been thinking bout upgrading the exhaust. Probably just a cat-back. As it shouldn´t mess with the car. Could improve power figures though.
On my 20-28mile work route, car goes for 29-32mpg when driven easy. At worst mpg has been only 25, not bad I reckon.

When I ordered the car, this little Mazdaspeed topic was a scary read at first.
But luckily I have dodged the bullet so far.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread