Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

just bought myself my speed 3 and damn i cant be any happier

Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM

I found this info, and I assume it is the same issue we are having:

http://www.finishlineperformance.com.../docs/0033.pdf

Mazda gurus, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM

that page seems to be corrupted

Old 12-14-2006, 02:07 PM

I got on there site and read that seems like the case.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 PM

Sorry if the link isn't working for you guys, but it is still working for me.

Man we are having some incredible weather for December. Tomorrow it's gonna be about 65ยบ. So I am going to take time to wash the car and give it the first good coat of wax (while enjoying a couple of cold beers). Damn, life is good!!

Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm getting my car back today. they said the O2 sensor was the problem and replaced it. I hope that was problem and that it's fixed. here is the link for that intercooler. so where is everyone from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8417&rd=1&rd=1

Old 12-14-2006, 07:08 PM

I am from Winston-Salem, NC.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:27 AM

Hey hey. Mazda say's I'm all good. Clean bill of health and blamed winter fuel and simply a highoutput engine running premium, for the soot/carbon excess. Sigh. Guess this means i simply have'nt gotten used to the trans. But good on all other counts and after a dtive with the tech yep the power thing is me cueing the wastgate. I also shift around town at about 2800rpm so i think i may be a bit low and it's closer to that threshold. Also the brakes thing could not be reproduced and i have'nt heard it either, so maybe just a sign of newness, but what a way to show it right!?

I was out on the dual this eve after work and i found myself next to an SS Cobalt. Pshh. But i was surprised. He held his own quite well. Though i took him and could'nt done better if i'd shifted at about 6ish instead of something lower ( i was'nt in race mode, it came on quick). I do have to give him credit on a fast machine but he also had a CAI, CB and Stage 2 perf upgrade. Nothing can replace the smile i had on my face though not cause i laid down a quicker run but it was fun! Also, um yea, I definatly down't like a supercharger's sound. kinda looses the powerfull sound or boosted sound for a wind up toy like whine. plain and simple i beat him but could have whooped him bad but the squishy part at the wheel malfunctioned.

And dude that intercooler is for replacing the top mount. Screw that. Or at least i will lol. i'm sure it'd be a decent upgrade but I'm not going to spend money to replace a top mount. It stays stock or it's going front mount. Though theres nothing wrong with a topmount as we can all tell by turning the key, Theres no debating that in each instance a front mount would be a step up. Maybe two. I just would'nt spend money to do that when a tad more gets you front mount. Of course that's if you do the work yourself.

Ifanyone knows where to check out the supposed dyno proof of this engine benifiting 30hp from a simple CAI and CB or either it'self please share. I keep hearing it but find no evidence. Could there really be a 300ish pony four banger under our hoods. DROOL.....

Old 12-15-2006, 04:01 AM

I from the sunshine state Florida originally from NJ got tired of the cheap summers and freezing winters LOL. Hey zoomzoom you should try using the zaino system the stuff is frickin awesome. My car goes in Sat morning at 8am I hope all is well will post with results.
Damm that intercooler is $$$$$ I will pass on that and stick with just a CAI I like the exhaust thats stock. Hey zoomzoom maybe you should lose the wannabe now LOL. I love this car I am coming from a Honda Civic dx coupe a whooping 106 hp I added the airintake and exhaust and maybe it was like 110hp ohhhhhh. So I am lovin this car I also have the 06 Mazda 5 for the old lady and kids that thing is cool as well.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 AM

Hey zoom this is after using Zaino

[IMG]local://upfiles/6623/27D6151B798E4DF3BFC3AF8FADCAB205.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread