Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Default RE: strut bar

ORIGINAL: virgin1

I doubt it. I've heard (heard, mind you) that the sedan has a little more room under the hood.
you are quite righyt. there is like a big hole in my behind the engine. its soo huge lol you could put like a supercharger or a turbo in there or something.... not that i was thinking that mind you but the engine in the 3 sedan has more room for mods then the hatchback i feel. cuz i saw the mazda3 hatchback and it was all pretty compacted together... hmmmmmmmm

Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Did you paint the engine cover (the lettering)with red paint in this pic or was that stock?

And BTW I'm new here, I just thought that looked very cool and had to make this my first post.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Xiux
Did you paint the engine cover (the lettering)with red paint in this pic or was that stock?

And BTW I'm new here, I just thought that looked very cool and had to make this my first post.
Well, what can I say after such a nice compliment except... Welcome to these forums, Xiux!!
The actual plastic insulated engine didn't last a week on my car... maybe 2 days before it got relegated to the shop.
That's the valve cover and yes, 3-5 coats of red plastic model paint over 2 coats of gold model paint. The flying wing badge is actually a modified Mazda wheel center cap, there to cover up the oval cut into the top of the valve cover (you guys know what I mean) where no badgewas set. It looked stupid, so after thinking about it for a while this is what I came up with.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

so i take it you have to remove ur strut bar to access your batter now right??
or can you just take the bar off (not the strut mount part)??
to actually remove the battery, you do need to remove the strut bar. however, if you just need to remove the cover from the battery, it can be done in a situation where you might need to jump your car or disconnect the battery (minus removal).

Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, not in my case, Lupae. There is almost no room between the strut bar and thebattery cover and I left the stock strut tower plates in place and install the new ones on top too. I have tried, and have considered leaving the batt cover off for just that reason.
Could there be that much difference between the sedan and the HB?

Wait a minute! You have a HB too! Are you running the Vibrant bar? Mine has just enough clearence between the hood and the bar and I even had to remove the underhood insulation! Still not enough to get the batt cover off.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM

virgin i must say people must think that there is some young guy in your mazda3 thats has some mods done to it and then find out that is you. lol. im curious to know if you have ever had that kind of reaction that kind of shocked look lol

Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Unfortunately, not in my case, Lupae. There is almost no room between the strut bar and thebattery cover and I left the stock strut tower plates in place and install the new ones on top too. I have tried, and have considered leaving the batt cover off for just that reason.
Could there be that much difference between the sedan and the HB?

Wait a minute! You have a HB too! Are you running the Vibrant bar? Mine has just enough clearence between the hood and the bar and I even had to remove the underhood insulation! Still not enough to get the batt cover off.

im using the mazdaspeed strut bar on my 3s wagon. there is enough clearance to remove the battery cover and mess with the posi(+) and nega(-).

Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

virgin i must say people must think that there is some young guy in your mazda3 thats has some mods done to it and then find out that is you. lol. im curious to know if you have ever had that kind of reaction that kind of shocked look lol
Jaime,
To answeryour question the best way(s) I know how... No,I don't recall ever being on the receiving end ofthose looks.
I have gotten a few from Honda/Acura owners who look over wanting to race me on the street. Sometimes I admit that I do oblige, but only up to +5/+10mph over the speed limit, then I maintain speed. If they want to go faster and risk the ticket, so be it.
However, youshould also know that I don't look my age. I may beat the 1/2 century mark, butI am skinny for my size, only about 150 lbs on my 6' tall frame, have all my hair andthere's very little gray in it too.I am often mistaken for being ~15 years younger than I am.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:41 PM

well all that considered thats pretty good to look younger then you really are. and well finding out that your mazda3 beats out the young guys (like me) in their honda civics and what not. i personally vowed that i would never buy a honda civic for the simple fact that i know that i would be like every kid. so i bought something different. but thats off topic lol. so basically people can mistake you for 40 ish. well consider yourself lucky and i hope myself that i end up like that

Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mmmmmm... mid-thirties!

Quick Reply: strut bar