Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 03:11 AM
EZE
Default Sunroof?

I wanted to know is it better to have your mazda 3 with or with out a sunroof? I just got a 05 black mica mazda 3 a few months ago, but did not have a sunroof already install. I would like to have one but I wanted to know is it worth getting or should I do some other mod with the money?

Old 07-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Default RE: Sunroof?

You'll have to install an aftermarket sunroof. Best ask around about places that install them in your area. Are you sure, you want someone cut up the roof and headliner? If you do, check to make sure the kit you have installed has water drains in each corner.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: gtxtreme

You'll have to install an aftermarket sunroof. Best ask around about places that install them in your area. Are you sure, you want someone cut up the roof and headliner? If you do, check to make sure the kit you have installed has water drains in each corner.
This is some good advice. I owned a 1984 Vw Rabbit GTI that the previous owner installed a sunroof in and it ALWAYS leaked! I believe also, when you get the sunroof installed you have to sign a waiver in case they cut the hole improperly, so they're not at fault. Don't quote me on that last one however.

Old 08-06-2005, 02:19 PM

I used to work for a company that made sunroofs and one thing to bear in mind is that they are NOT designed to be sealed to prevent water from getting in. They know water will get in and around the sunroof. Any decent sunroof maker knows this and has the drains that go down your a-pillar. If they don't have the drains, DON'T buy the sunroof.

I am in the market for a new car and would like a sunroof. If I can get one, fine, but if it is not a factory sunroof, I wouldn't pay the expense to have one installed.