Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Looks like a device for HO-scale electric train sets.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaGG
I been trying to keep on whats goin on in the electric supercharger world, and cant seem to find anything thats legit, cept these guys..

Super Power Charger, LLC

Idk if its close to what you wanted to spend, but they seem to eliminate all the questions I had about if electric superchargers were real or not.

happy hunting!
Legit? I don't believe one can use "electric supercharger" and "legit" in the same sentence; the first precludes the second. If one wants to add forced induction to their engine there are only two proven methods for doing that, a mechanical supercharger or an exhaust driven turbocharger. Period, full stop, the end.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by johnnieboy
Looks like a device for HO-scale electric train sets.
??, did you go to the correct site? U don't see any train sets there lol..

Old 03-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Legit? I don't believe one can use "electric supercharger" and "legit" in the same sentence; the first precludes the second. If one wants to add forced induction to their engine there are only two proven methods for doing that, a mechanical supercharger or an exhaust driven turbocharger. Period, full stop, the end.
lol, never say 'don't believe', if you don't actually know what you're talking about, find out, do the research, stay open minded!

I was the same way after seeing all those crappy eBay elec superchargers. And most ppl are still stuck on 'what they don't believe'. Anywho an elec supercharger is still considered mechanical due to a compressor wheel/housing compressing air, period. The main difference is tht traditional forced induction systems rob power from the engine horsepower, the elec would have to use the cars electricity. I love talking bout this new technology, if u have any questions let me know heh

Old 03-25-2011, 12:37 PM

lol, never say 'don't believe', if you don't actually know what you're talking about, find out, do the research, stay open minded!

I was the same way after seeing all those crappy eBay elec superchargers. And most ppl are still stuck on 'what they don't believe'. Anywho an elec supercharger is still considered mechanical due to a compressor wheel/housing compressing air, period. The main difference is tht traditional forced induction systems rob power from the engine horsepower, the elec would have to use the cars electricity. I love talking bout this new technology, if u have any questions let me know heh
Nope, sorry, my mind is closed. Why? Because the electrical system of your car cannot produce enough power to drive a supercharger of any meaningful displacement. To illustrate my point, an engineer from Ford stated that the supercharger used in the old Thunderbird required roughly sixty horsepower to do its job at full tilt; the scammers peddling electric superchargers are proud of the fact that their motors produce a whopping three horsepower, one twentieth of the output of the Ford unit.

I stand by my statement, "I don't believe one can use "electric supercharger" and "legit" in the same sentence; the first precludes the second."

Last edited by shipo; 03-25-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 PM

So they take a procharger and refit it run via battery instead of belt driven. I must say this is the closest ive ever seen an electric supercharger be a real one. Considering the amount of customization in order to get it to where it needs to be and then having to get a proper tuner your much much better off just getting a nitrous kit, or if you want to spend that much get a turbo, superchargers are just not going to happen for the 3 (unless f2 comes back)

Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Nope, sorry, my mind is closed. Why? Because the electrical system of your car cannot produce enough power to drive a supercharger of any meaningful displacement. To illustrate my point, an engineer from Ford stated that the supercharger used in the old Thunderbird required roughly sixty horsepower to do its job at full tilt; the scammers peddling electric superchargers are proud of the fact that their motors produce a whopping three horsepower, one twentieth of the output of the Ford unit.

I stand by my statement, "I don't believe one can use "electric supercharger" and "legit" in the same sentence; the first precludes the second."
Im sorry you feel that way, but for the record even the little e-ram electric supercharger operates on a cars 12v electrical system, granted the unit will only produce about 1psi, (real world) it proves that lots are past using "old thunderbird" technology. Those guys do say that they recommend you would upgrade your batt/altenator however, if you wanted more than 5psi.

Most of the older superchargers used a massive steel pulley that did require quite a bit of power to turn at a speed that would actually create boost, especially at wot. An advantage of elec units, in general, is that the unit wont have to use such a massive piece of steel to turn the compressor wheel, and in turn create boost. Therefore they require less drag on the motor. Like i said before, ALOT of the scammers and boat fan elec units are crap lol .. but if you take the time to look at whats REALLY out there youll learn alot. People also didnt beleive man would fly, or that we could land on the moon...technology, always evolving )

Originally Posted by Tracker
So they take a procharger and refit it run via battery instead of belt driven. I must say this is the closest ive ever seen an electric supercharger be a real one. Considering the amount of customization in order to get it to where it needs to be and then having to get a proper tuner your much much better off just getting a nitrous kit, or if you want to spend that much get a turbo, superchargers are just not going to happen for the 3 (unless f2 comes back)
Yah, it really is a cool system they have. Its exciting that someone finally is making a step forward in forced induction technology, since the 1920's versions! .. Its always best to tune any FI system, and just like a turbo or supercharger you still have to mock up, install, bend tubing unfortunately etc etc ...

Old 03-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Im sorry you feel that way, but for the record even the little e-ram electric supercharger operates on a cars 12v electrical system, granted the unit will only produce about 1psi, (real world) it proves that lots are past using "old thunderbird" technology. Those guys do say that they recommend you would upgrade your batt/altenator however, if you wanted more than 5psi.

Most of the older superchargers used a massive steel pulley that did require quite a bit of power to turn at a speed that would actually create boost, especially at wot. An advantage of elec units, in general, is that the unit wont have to use such a massive piece of steel to turn the compressor wheel, and in turn create boost. Therefore they require less drag on the motor. Like i said before, ALOT of the scammers and boat fan elec units are crap lol .. but if you take the time to look at whats REALLY out there youll learn alot. People also didnt beleive man would fly, or that we could land on the moon...technology, always evolving )

Yah, it really is a cool system they have. Its exciting that someone finally is making a step forward in forced induction technology, since the 1920's versions! .. Its always best to tune any FI system, and just like a turbo or supercharger you still have to mock up, install, bend tubing unfortunately etc etc ...
Sorry dude, electric superchargers just ain't gonna get it done. Granted they might be able to produce one or two pounds of boost to an engine that is at idle, but there's no freakin' chance for an electric supercharger to produce any meaningful boost at a higher power setting; in fact, I'll go so far as to say that the Mickey Mouse grade electric superchargers that have been discussed here will actually cause a restriction to be formed in the intake. Net result, less power.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 AM

if you want something that dosent use a big steel pully robbing the engine or power while at the same time producing it then go turbo, no thing on the motor powers it... basically free HP. ya know other than the 4 or 5000 to get one lol

Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Default Wher yall goin so fast to?

just be happy with what we got...itll get better

Quick Reply: Supercharger