Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

suspicious exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM

heres some more underneath pics of the exhaust, if this helps any to see if it is a oem exhaust. that whole tailpiece looks like its all one piece up to the muffler.

Name:  mms_picture9.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  mms_picture8.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  80.1 KB

Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Clearly, and from the beginning what you have there is a replacement aftermarket system. It is certainly not factory.
I don't know why the car would need one w/only 50k on the clock unless you live in an area that uses a lot of road salt in the winter time.
Perhaps the original owner had an aftermarket sport system on the car, like a Magnaflow or Vibrant and did not save the OE?

Is there a question?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 AM

it seems like your missing your oem muffler as well as your resinator. Everything else is as virg1 stated. I finally got a chance to measure my exhaust system, its a smidge over 2in all the way.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Looks to me like you couldn't see the muffler or resonator in those pics even if they are there. Even w/the bad quality though it looks like they didn't change the mid-pipe, almost as if the car had been fitted w/an axle-back? But I can't be sure.
And that traditional American style clamp there might be connected to a replacement muffler?

So, bmarcinczyk14, I see you posted more or less the same thread on Mazdas247.com?