Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Tickets and Such

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Default Tickets and Such

I recently got a speeding ticket in my truck (of all vehicles). I paid it this morning. I'm driving to work this morning in the 3 and cruising along with a Porkchop. I was thinking... he spent like 3x as much money on that car (beautiful car) and we're cruising along driving the same. It felt really slow for me so it must have been painfully slow for him. A dillweed in a Viper went by weaving in and out of traffic. He's taking advantage of the car's performance but will surely get a ticket with the way he's driving.

So... even for you Speed owners, when do you really get to use that added performance of the car? Although I'm not crazy about the new 3, I don't think I'd buy one anyway. I would like to move up in a car after this one but, if I bought a higher performing car I'd be more tempted to use it. When can you take advantage of all that extra performance without getting a ticket or your car impounded?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM

I only really do it when I know I can, like I know where a lot of the speed traps are in my area. Also on the highway I do it too. People fly through philadelphia on 95 there because theres really no place for cops to set up traps. JUst have to be careful.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Aubrey,
I feel your pain, a couple of weeks ago I got 2 tickets $101.00 for illegal tint and $462.00 speeding ticket 78mph in a 55mph, the speed limit went from 70mph to 55mph in a matter of 60 feet. The kicker of the story is there where large trees along the highway that blocked my view of the speed limit change and construction zone.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM

This is why when I get a Mustang I don't care much about getting one that absolutely hauls *****. Granted, I won't get anything other than a V8, but still. I prefer doing a lot of appearance and such mods more than performance.

Also why I do nothing with the Mazda except for stereo. 'Course, to me my Mazda is my work vehicle so it gets scratched and banged up some with use. My rear driver side door panel is scratched to hell and the moulding below the window moves up with the window when I roll it up cause I messed it up lol.

Not to mention the car also got keyed about a month or so ago too.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM

Believe me when i got to drive my friends speed 3 the temptation was def there just to go ***** to the wall but i had learned some self restraint so i just toyed in certian areas, but i couldnt help myself when i hopped in my other friends turbo civic, a civic is a cop magnet in itself but when you add the fact that it had a massive IC and popped vtec at 4k rpm on 25psi daily....well lets just say we had to throw it in his garage for a while ^^

Old 05-29-2009, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
This is why when I get a Mustang I don't care much about getting one that absolutely hauls *****. Granted, I won't get anything other than a V8, but still. I prefer doing a lot of appearance and such mods more than performance.

Also why I do nothing with the Mazda except for stereo. 'Course, to me my Mazda is my work vehicle so it gets scratched and banged up some with use. My rear driver side door panel is scratched to hell and the moulding below the window moves up with the window when I roll it up cause I messed it up lol.

Not to mention the car also got keyed about a month or so ago too.
Come on Gary, tell me you wouldn't want this car, 510 HP, 510 Foot Pounds of torque, I have had the pleasure of taking 1 around the block and it is Awesome.