Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Ticking sound when I’m driving at different rpms in my 2008 2.3L Mazda 3.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 09:11 AM
Default Ticking sound when I’m driving at different rpms in my 2008 2.3L Mazda 3.

So one night I was driving to work about 2 months ago in my car and when I rounded the very last corner to work I saw that dreaded oil light. I just got the car recently about another 2 months prior to this incident and the guy I got it from told me several times confidently that it didn’t burn oil. He talked about how it ran great and all the seals were good. Well guys I’m young and dumb and well... I won’t be believing anyone about that anymore as I neglected to check my oil except when I bought the vehicle and about another week into ownership I checked it again. Back to me rounding the last corner to work. I work at a mill and I didn’t have any spare time, so I made a mental note to add oil after work. I had a very long day at work and completely forgot about my oil light troubles after my 10 hour shift hopped in my 3 and started going down the road. Only 2 miles down the road and I heard my car start ticking. I went pale pretty much remembering how I forgot to add more oil before I even started the car. I pulled over roughly under a 1/4 of a mile after it started since there was no shoulder or anywhere to safely pullover. I stopped the engine as soon as I stopped moving. I only had about a 1/2 a quart so I put it in the car and drove another 7miles on the highway babying it car and keeping it under 4,000rpms but it ticked with the throttle. It was a little better after adding oil both times. I’ve since been giving it oil changes and keeping an eye on the oil. Have I learned my lesson tho and my cars screwed? I’ve had no problems aside the noise it just makes me really nervous.