Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Time for my new car, Serious Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Default Time for my new car, Serious Question

Hi i am lookin arround for my first car. i always take peoples opinions seriously.
well i am seriously considering the mazda3 its quite sexy.
but i was told that mazda was not a good car brand. well? im kinda turned off about the fact that the car is too easy to break in, and some cases that the 3 sedan's engine dies out completely in some cases.
feedback please.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Default RE: Time for my new car, Serious Question

All cars can have issues. I've seen one guy with a new Honda that is on an absolute crusade against his "wonderful Civic" I know one guy at work that has well over 200,000 miles on a 626, and I also know of many people who are multiple time return customers. I personally own (2) (a 3i and a 6s wagon) and love them both. I'm probably selling my 3 next year for a Speed3 and my wife's wagon might get changed for a CX-7.

Mazda's are great cars.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM

yeah no doubt about that. All cars have problems. There are no cars that are problem free. Even expensive sports cars have problems. Don't worry about your Mazda. My family has gone through 4 Mazdas over the years, and all of them were fine. There were some minor problems, but warranty covererd it!

Old 11-12-2006, 08:17 PM

thanks guys. anyone you know has had a serious theft problems with their 3i or s?

Old 11-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Just because thief's have discovered an easy way to break into the 3 isn't a reason not to buy it as it's still a great car. Any thief can get into any car if they really want to.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:42 PM

If you are worried about theft, get an aftermarket alarm or loJack. There is even a LoJack that alerts you by phone, seconds after your car is moved without your keys.

Dave

Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM

so you think lojack would void my warranty? and how would that work if the say the alarm doesnt go off?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:52 PM

No, it would not void the warranty. In fact, many dealerships do the install. Even if the factory alarm doesn't go off, the police can track your car. There are two types of LoJack. The less expensive one is activated only after you notice that your car has been stolen and call the police. The more expemsive version alerts you shortly after your car is moved without your key being in it. There is also a system by a different company that allows you to track exactly where your car is, via your computer. I think that this one requires that you pay a monthly fee, however.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:51 AM

A lot of cars are easy to break into. I used to break into my Audi when the FOB randomly and sporadically gave up and oddly enough my FOB set off two alarms at the chevy dealer, but I digress. And Audis are Euros. My Volvo is hard to get into though. Really just don't make your car a target and it will be fine. So just don't leave expensive stuff out on the seats, park it in well lit, clear, well populated area. Why are you so worried about it getting stolen anyway, do you live in a higher than average car theft kind of town? Where I live everyone likes to steal your aftermarket stuff... so don't put on exhaust and wheels if you live around me. 700 Car parts thefts, 20 Grand thefts... and 18 were golf carts.

Ha ha anyway, if someone wants it they are going to steal it. It is better to have it insured and let them have it than to have them scratch up your car failing to get in. Oh and lightly tint your windows. Tinted windows are a lot harder to get through if you break um. If you are just worried about car stereo, get an Eclipse stereo, it is what comes in a mercedes. Cannot be reinstalled with out a code.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:52 AM

im just really worried because i want to install an amp and a 15"inch subwoofer, and i live in an area where its a risk when i go home in the weekends. i guess getting a lojack is a great idea.
thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Time for my new car, Serious Question