Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Tire pressure light on after 1st service at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Default Tire pressure light on after 1st service at the dealership

So I got my 1st service at the dealership this morning, right before getting to 5k miles.

10 minutes after I leave and start driving back home the tire pressure light turns on (I didn't even know what the light was for). I quickly did a U-turn and went back to the dealership where the mechanic seemed very unworried and simply pressed the (SET) button until the light came off. He then told me that everything was fine and that the light had turned on because they had rotated the tires and such.

Does that make sense to you guys? I'm not sure if he just said that to save face. Is there any chance they did something wrong that needs to be fixed, or is it normal that that light would appear after rotating the tires? It just seems strange to me that after doing some really basic work on the car you'd randomly have a light turn on.

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

It will be to do with them resetting your tyres pressures as part of the service. Everytime you adjust your tyre pressures ( should be done once a month) you need to press the "set" button to inform the computer what you've done.