Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Tire related question (TPMS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 AM

My stupid stock Badyears only lasted me 23k, (dirty rotten pieces of crap)

Old 06-14-2009, 01:18 PM

when i talked to the guy on the phone about getting the tires (the ones I wanted were not in stock ANYWHERE in Austin, but there was a Michelin warehouse in Round Rock that had em) he ordered a delivery so I could have them installed and sold at Discount.

So I told him what I wanted, and what extras I did and did not want... including mentioning no TPMS rebuild. He paused for a second and said, "You've done this before, haven't you?" I chuckled and said, "Yes sir I have haha." No sales attempts were made after that, lol. Dude was pretty cool about everything so yeah.

In a couple of weeks I head back for the other two. It's amazing what just two tires did for the ride too!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I have a quick question regarding the TPMS. When I went to town fair tire they mentioned replacing the valve and it can scratch the nickle plating between the valve stem and the sensor and cause corrosion and cause the sensor to fail so they told me to replace the valve and something else inside the sensor. Is this worth it? Or is this what they call "rebuilding" the sensor? Thank you!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by MrSpike118
I have a quick question regarding the TPMS. When I went to town fair tire they mentioned replacing the valve and it can scratch the nickle plating between the valve stem and the sensor and cause corrosion and cause the sensor to fail so they told me to replace the valve and something else inside the sensor. Is this worth it? Or is this what they call "rebuilding" the sensor? Thank you!
TPMS sensors have been around for years (our 2003 minivan has them and they were around before that), and I have yet to hear of a single sensor going bad from corrosion. FWIW, the sensors on our minivan have suffered through two tire change operations (it is approaching 130,000 miles after all) and they have yet to be touched.

Tell the folks at Town Fair Tire that if your sensor fails, you'll worry about it then.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM

Thank you so much!