Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Tuning and performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 09:39 AM
Default Tuning and performance upgrades

Hey guys and girls! I知 brand new to this forum and I知 looking for tips and advice for enhancing the performance of my 2011 Mazda 3 2.5L. First off, I do not know much about cars. And know very little about engines. (I did replace my brake pads and rotors. And have helped friends replace other easy parts, but that痴 it) I知 really looking to learn all about the engine and that parts for specifically my car. Obviously I could take it to a mechanic for tuning, but I would like to do as much of the work as I can. I would love to hear from everyone on this forum about how I can get the best performance out of my car. Links are great! But I really don稚 know what I知 looking at on those links, so a break down of the product would be welcomed!
Thank you all! ALSO! Cost is not a huge concern. So I知 open to any and all ideas!

Old 11-11-2019, 07:58 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to make my car (the same as yours) faster, but I don't know how to without putting a turbocharger in it. So I'd love some help. Cause from what I've heard, that is really the only way to get a big difference in speed...

Old 12-11-2019, 05:01 PM

I'm a new Mazda owner too, recently bought a 18' Mazda 3 Touring 2.5L for my daily driver and found a Mazda only site for performance upgrades. Listed below is the site! Enjoy...
https://corksport.com/mazda-3/2010-2013-mazda-3/

Originally Posted by JHopper724
Hey guys and girls! I知 brand new to this forum and I知 looking for tips and advice for enhancing the performance of my 2011 Mazda 3 2.5L. First off, I do not know much about cars. And know very little about engines. (I did replace my brake pads and rotors. And have helped friends replace other easy parts, but that痴 it) I知 really looking to learn all about the engine and that parts for specifically my car. Obviously I could take it to a mechanic for tuning, but I would like to do as much of the work as I can. I would love to hear from everyone on this forum about how I can get the best performance out of my car. Links are great! But I really don稚 know what I知 looking at on those links, so a break down of the product would be welcomed!
Thank you all! ALSO! Cost is not a huge concern. So I知 open to any and all ideas!

Old 12-22-2019, 02:18 AM

Dont bother buying anything from CS< they charge way too much, because they are a reseller. the SkyActive 2.5, headers, full cat back with high flow cat and a OVT tune will get you around 230hp, for around $1500 which isnt bad at all. Dont bother changing from the stock airbox, OVT says itll outflow what the motor can possible suck in. I cannot speak on the previous Gen 2.5, its not the same motor.

Old 12-23-2019, 04:15 PM

@TalonTsi90 do you have an alternate website you recommend buying aftermarket parts from? I'm new to the Mazda world so my knowledge for aftermarket sites is limited.

Originally Posted by TalonTsi90
Dont bother buying anything from CS< they charge way too much, because they are a reseller. the SkyActive 2.5, headers, full cat back with high flow cat and a OVT tune will get you around 230hp, for around $1500 which isnt bad at all. Dont bother changing from the stock airbox, OVT says itll outflow what the motor can possible suck in. I cannot speak on the previous Gen 2.5, its not the same motor.

Old 12-23-2019, 04:36 PM

Keep in mind, anybody can "say" headers, full cat-back, high flow cat, and a tune will bring a 2.5 liter SkyActiv engine to 230 horse power, but saying it doesn't in anyway mean it will be true. I'd wager such mods won't even get the engine up to 200 horsepower.