Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Underbody lighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Default Underbody lighting

Hey everyone, just had a few questions on underbody lighting. What is a good manufaturer for a kit? I have heard of StreetGlow before, but are there any others that are better?

I want a kit that has a switch so that I can turn them on and off as they are illegal on the public roads in Virginia. I have seen some kits that have a remote for them as well so that you can turn the lights on while you are walking towards the car..

Also it is required that the lights be covered by some type of material such as chicken wire or a mesh to protect them from rocks, what do you recommend i use and how do i attach it to the body of my car?

Also any help with connection for the electrical system would be helpful!

Old 07-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Default RE: Underbody lighting

No >.< just......... no

Old 07-25-2006, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

No >.< just......... no
i think we have found an "anti-ricer candidate" hahaha. i'm actually not 100% for this modification, but at the same time... it does give a unique look! seeing cars like this in a parking lot would be a head turner, it just depends on if the car is good or bad. if the car looks good and has underbody lighting, then it is a "good head-turner". i think the kit is harmless, i would just rather spend my money on something else such as an exhaust (cough cough, purchasing soon!) rather than underbody lighting.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:01 PM

I'm not gonig to be mean or anyhting but................

just....no

Old 07-26-2006, 01:06 AM

i dont want the underbody lights to go dragging down the street with or anything ricy like that, just something that i can turn on when i am walking out to my car to catch peoples attention and then before i go...they get turned off. i dont want my car looking like a ricer's...trust me!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: esloyer

i dont want the underbody lights to go dragging down the street with or anything ricy like that, just something that i can turn on when i am walking out to my car to catch peoples attention and then before i go...they get turned off. i dont want my car looking like a ricer's...trust me!
i completely understand... it's a cool effect! some people hate it all-together, but i think its tasteful to a point.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 AM

I think it'd be cool to wire a soft white or orange light onto the ground near the doors when a door is open.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:33 AM

Trust me go streetglow all the way, and whatever color you get so with the gold line series, whichever kit you go with weather it be pulse, standard, outwards pulse, multicolor with 60 diff patterns, etc., they all come with backets and and switches and all that good stuff, just be sure to mount them right, and by right i mean you better not be able to see the bar unless you look under the car.