Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Vent Shades (side Windows)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 10:31 AM
Default Vent Shades (side Windows)

I just bought a 2023 Mazda 3 sedan. Cobalt edition! Sweet! The Mazda vent shades are too expensive. $240

I see many aftermarket brands (avs, weathertech) but all are for the 5 door hatchback. But these are for a set of four. So I was wondering if the the front windows are the same for the 5 door and the sedan?

If so I just really want to fronts only.

Anyone know if the front doors/windows for the sedan and hatchback are the same? btw these are tape on deflectors.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2023, 11:45 AM

Are you referring to the so called universal known "WIND" deflectors?
If so keep in mind NOT one manufacture made them with the *aero dynamics in mind not even the ones from MAZDA. You will experience if you are sensitive to sound or a audiophile a slight noise created from the air disruption caused from them. If you are sensitive to sound than they may never bother, you.

They do a Fairley adequate job off defecting all but hard rain and snow. And they look IMHO good on most applications.

Most all "wind deflectors did not take into account the air flow between the Mazda side mirrors and the pillar. Anything that is added disrupts the smooth air flow cause turbulence that will create an air sound that is simular to air leaking out of a tire with a nail in it. (Description of sounds are generally individual opinion )

Old 07-03-2023, 12:07 PM

Thanks.... yes the side window air vent/deflectors. Like you say the do create some "wind noise" when going down the highway. I know because I have them on my truck.

The reason I use them is because I hate to keep my windows all the way up in the 90 degree plus summers here in NC. Just a crack in the window lets some heat dissipate. But w/o the vents just a 1/4" window down amount can let rain in.

I did check with AVS and we believe the fronts will work with the sedan and 5 door. Still doing a little more research.

Old 07-03-2023, 12:15 PM

Old 07-03-2023, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sohc
Thanks.... yes the side window air vent/deflectors. Like you say the do create some "wind noise" when going down the highway. I know because I have them on my truck.

The reason I use them is because I hate to keep my windows all the way up in the 90 degree plus summers here in NC. Just a crack in the window lets some heat dissipate. But w/o the vents just a 1/4" window down amount can let rain in.

I did check with AVS and we believe the fronts will work with the sedan and 5 door. Still doing a little more research.
We get triple digits here where I live in CA. Yesterday it was 106F. Currently @10:17 a.m it is.87F with a predicted 101-108F by this afternoon.

I highly recommend a DASH Design dash cover but use only black and only Poly Carpet. You will reduce the interior heat while driving a notable amount.

I am sure you know this but I will post for anyone reading. When you first start driving crack your window place AC on max and upper vents only and outside air intake setting. After about 5-10 minute you can mix vents if desired but close windows and go to recirculation air setting.

Old 07-03-2023, 12:52 PM

Went with the WELLvisors brand. They actually had the part for a 2023 sedan (3-847MZ019). Think they will be just what I need. Read a review somewhere by someone saying they looked great on his Carbon edition.

Wellvisors for Mazda 3 Sedan

As far as my origina question, I may have to just go to a dealer and see if the front doors are the same on the sedan and hatchback. My guess is yes they are. But..... You never know until you verify.