Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Vibration and shaking but it's not the wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 07:46 PM
Default Vibration and shaking but it's not the wheels

Hi all, first time posting here that I can remember. I've had my 2012 mazda3 I touring sedan balanced four times in the last week, I've had the wheels checked by three different companies, and I finally got it into Mazda and Salem Oregon to figure out what is causing vibration that goes not only through the steering wheel but it's vibrating into my back through my seat. I also feel it on the driver side door. I'm an Uber driver so I drive a lot and I mean a lot of miles, however my Mazda dealership was not able to find anything wrong I'm extremely frustrated. It feels to me like the mechanic has an issue with me and is turning a blind eye to my problem and saying he can't find anything wrong. I know that there is something wrong with the car! I can feel it as I'm driving right now. But I don't know what to look for, Les Schwab can't find anything wrong with the wheels, Firestone can't find anything wrong with the wheels, and the tires are brand new. Options?

Old 02-21-2020, 08:57 PM

I'd be having a hard look at the axles.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely inspect the axles, seen them fail before causing bad vibrations.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by WWAZman
Hi all, first time posting here that I can remember. I've had my 2012 mazda3 I touring sedan balanced four times in the last week, I've had the wheels checked by three different companies, and I finally got it into Mazda and Salem Oregon to figure out what is causing vibration that goes not only through the steering wheel but it's vibrating into my back through my seat. I also feel it on the driver side door. I'm an Uber driver so I drive a lot and I mean a lot of miles, however my Mazda dealership was not able to find anything wrong I'm extremely frustrated. It feels to me like the mechanic has an issue with me and is turning a blind eye to my problem and saying he can't find anything wrong. I know that there is something wrong with the car! I can feel it as I'm driving right now. But I don't know what to look for, Les Schwab can't find anything wrong with the wheels, Firestone can't find anything wrong with the wheels, and the tires are brand new. Options?
Habe you checked the motor and transmission mounts?? Mines been having terrible vibration. Mostly felt while n drive and idling. My transmission mounts has all but disintegrated, my passenger side had busted and was leaking hydraulic fluid and I'm rereplacing the rear upper and the shock mount along with both cv axles and possibly steering u joint