Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Weird little squeak.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Default Weird little squeak.

I have a small problem. There's this little squeak coming from right in front of me every time I shift and then step on the gas pedal. It also happens when I'm not shifting and I just push down the gas a little harder. It doesn't happen when the car is off or when it's in neutral. I asked the dealership to check it out and they said they couldn't hear it, and that it's probably nothing to worry about. Still, it kind of bugs me. Am I just being paranoid? What could this little squeak be?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Default RE: Weird little squeak.

LOL! That brings back memories for me. I had a 1987 TransAm that had a little squeak in the dash. It only happened when I hit a bump in the road, but damn near drove me crazy. One day I got pissed and took the dash apart. I had a friend drive the car and I sat in the passenger seat trying to find it. Never did. Finally, after a week or so, I just decided to put the dash back together and live with it. A few weeks later I was working under the hood and leaned just right on the front fender and guess what? Yep. It was coming from where the fender bolted to the body. I took out that bolt and slid a thin piece of gasket material between the fender and the body. Never squeaked again.

The point is, that little squeak could be coming from any number of places. Sounds like yours it happening due to the stress of the engine torque causing something to flex.