Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

What do you guys think about Adding racing strip

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Default What do you guys think about Adding racing strip

I'm thinking of painting a fat racing strip down the hood of my car. something like on mustangs.
2 big fat strips in flat black or semi flat. Wait can you get stick on incase it looks like crap.

Not the whole car, just the hood

Old 08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: What do you guys think about Adding racing strip

East, I am all about being different and trying new things on the M3 SO I SAY GO FOR IT .I would perhaps angle/bend for a different design or look.

I would be aware of the type of vinyl you use and if u have the type of software so u can perhaps put it on to see what is looks like 1st in the virtual world ( kind of like the wheel programs on some sites).

Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 PM

I like the PC idea. But not sure what software I can use. maybe take a pic of the front of my car and then use paintbrush?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM

do something different, dont make ur car look like any other mustang out there. If ur willing to spend the $ you should get something airbrushed or orginal on your car something you will be happy with for a very long time. Just my personal opinion, i hate racing stripes/ mustangs in general

Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Yeah dude get an aztec guy and a dog airbrushed on your hood! J/K I don't know how good the M3 would look with a stripe I guess its worth a shot. Yeah you could do paintbrush or photoshop would be even better to see how it would look first.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:16 PM

yea man stripes look great on the car i got a blue 3 and got 2 nice and big acing stripes going down teh middle start silver and fade into the car color as they reach the trunk, looks real good and i really like it.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 PM

i dont know what to tell you. racing stripes are against my religion. lol. no i just dont like them very much. here in new york people try to pull off crazy designs and most of them look good.. but racing stripes never look good on ne car except mustangs.HEY WHY DONT YOU TURN YOUR CAR INTO THE RED BULL CAR??? that would be hot.. lol

Old 08-26-2007, 03:50 PM

if you can get ahold of 87 turbo II, like send him a om with a pic and what you want done, he can photoshop the pic for ya. As for my opinion im all for being different (the whole reason why i got this car instead of some Honda) but you should be practical about it, copying what looks good on one car and tryin to apply it to yours is not being different just similar besides we have enough Ford infulence on this car...why add more. Anyway i dont think racing strips belongs on a small car let alone an import, just my .02.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:02 PM

i tihnk it would just look like some of those newer cavaliers with the racing stripes (gay)....

Old 08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Tracker
... Anyway i dont think racing strips belongs on a small car let alone an import, just my .02.
Tracker, Tracker, Tracker. You mean like this?

Or this?

While racing stripes may be largely out of vogue now, there was a time when they were not only the style, but performed a valuable function.
Often racerslined uptheir stripes on the opposite side of the car so while driving they could use them to line up the blind side of the car. A RHD car got stripes on the left side, while a LHD car got them on the right.
I believe this was their original intention and only became "stylish" later on as ppl got used to seeing them.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Adding racing strip