Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

what would you change about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 AM
PAC
Default RE: what would you change about your car?

1. The gear indicator in the instrument cluster would be another color other than red. Red lights in the instrument cluster usually means trouble, and kinda freaks me out sometimes..

2. Make the visors feel less cheap.

3. Attach some pockets to the front of the driver's seat for more storage.

4. Make the ignition key smaller.

5. And I agree with the trunk release on the fob.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

i would like there to be a handle to grab on the drivers side like there is on the passenger side ceiling.
Umm those are meant for someone to hold onto the car whilst it is being aggressive. The driver should be holding onto the steering wheel whenever the passenger is so inclined to grab the "Oh **** handle"

Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM

clearly...but thats not the only time youre allowed to grab them. it would just be nice to hold whilest cruising, and ive seen many other cars with the handles on the drivers side.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:00 PM

I don't know what it is about the front door openings. or the seats but i have a hairy time getting in and out. I am very mindfull of the bolster on the left side i see it's going to wear and wrinkle very quickly where the rest of the leather will not. So i try to not sit on it while getting in or twist it but for somereason i am not comfortable getting in it. Seem to put the bootay in first with a bit of a thump and then swing the rest in. It's odd, maybe it's me. But i recognize it each time i get in or out. Anyone got video of them getting in? lol

The rear bumper does collect water and dirt.

It's got LED tails so why not go with a more potent HID's such as 6000k or 8000k.

An option of wheels 18's or wider 17's.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:42 AM

the oh sh*t bar is really for the old people who can`t get in and out of the car

Old 04-02-2007, 02:17 AM

I have a Mazdaspeed 3 and I think I would prefer the same style 17 inch wheels instead of the 18's. The added sidewall profile would really make the Washington roads better with little impact on handling. My friends RSX Type s has 16 inch wheels, I think, and handles as well as the Speed.

I would also like to have a higher 6th gear and it seems to need another gear on the highway. The RPM is fine, but it seems to hold back when cruising. Opening up the gear range in the current gearbox should be OK since the torque band is so fat.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM

I definately agree on the 6th gear being not 'tall' enough, there is hardly a rpm saving from 5th to 6th.....so why have the extra gear then? The engine has got alot of torque, typical of a turbo motor, it's a shame the tranny isn't geared for it. If this car had the correct 6th gear I bet it could achieve 30 mpg on the highway too.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
jw

Hello: Just found this site. First Post, although I already found the "activate your trip computer" topic. Activated mine and am quite pleased. Thanks.

What would I change:
[ul][*]Add the grab handle above the driover's door.[*]Remote Trunk Release.[*]Better carpet and mats.[*]A finish on the glove box door that doesn't scratch so easily.[/ul]

Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

First of all, Welcome to the forums and the extended Mazda family.

ORIGINAL: jw

What would I change:

Add the grab handle above the driover's door.
Why? If you're driving, what would be the point? Hands on the wheel or shifter.

Remote Trunk Release.
Get a hatch. Italready has one.

Better carpet and mats.
The carpeting does suck. I know. I just spent half the day yesterday vacuuming out the stuck IN dirt. The mats are OK though. They're mats. They rinse out pretty well and are there to protect the carpet. I'm sure you could find some better quality, custom sizedmats on the AM if you are willing to spend some dough. Try Autoanything.com. I think they offer them.

A finish on the glove box door that doesn't scratch so easily.
I have yet to find a "scratch" that doesn't easily wipe off or wash out.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
jw

ORIGINAL: virgin1

First of all, Welcome to the forums and the extended Mazda family.

Thanks, I'm on Jag Lovers and Escape Central, both have proven very useful for ownership of those cars. I expect I will find this site useful too. Let me apologize in advance if I cover ground that has already been covered many times before.

Why? If you're driving, what would be the point? Hands on the wheel or shifter.

Sometimes convenient when getting out of the car.

Get a hatch. Italready has one.

Wanted a sedan. Does the hatch have a hatch release button on the remote?

The carpeting does suck. I know. I just spent half the day yesterday vacuuming out the stuck IN dirt. The mats are OK though. They're mats. They rinse out pretty well and are there to protect the carpet. I'm sure you could find some better quality, custom sizedmats on the AM if you are willing to spend some dough. Try Autoanything.com. I think they offer them.

I would have willingly paid extra for a better carpet. Same for a second powerpoint for the rear seat (I installed one myself).

I have yet to find a "scratch" that doesn't easily wipe off or wash out.

It's actually my wife's car. She brushed her purse against the glove box door about the 3rd day she owned the car and it put a nice scratch on the black. Prayer may get it out but thats about all that will work, short of a refinish or door replacement.

Quick Reply: what would you change about your car?