Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

what would you change about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Default RE: what would you change about your car?

07 mazda3 GT - I'd move the oil filter access hole to directly beneath the oil filter instead of being offset too far fot it to be useful, just found this out last weekend.
Add a storage compartment where the nav system is if you don't buy the system - they did this for the mazda 6.
When playing a CD on random, there's no button to go to the next random song, anything you press turns the random off- so hit the random button a few times and wait for a few seconds is the only way... or wait for the song to end I guess.
I've got a drivers seat storage for the rear - someone else said they have just the passenger... should have both.
An electronic release for the trunk wouldbe handy but it's just a minor thing.
Move the drip tube from the windshield drainage so it doesn't drip on the power steering I already replaced my tubing.
Secure the radiator a little better, I added some light foam to the upper mounts so it doesn't flop around like stock.
Fog lights that come on with your runnning lights, not just the headlights- and it'd be nice if they actually add some light to the road too.
It would be nice if the trunk had a rubber mat - only available on the 5-door. Andthe 4 door should have a little storage space over the spare tire like the 5 door does.
The jack can also be stored under the spare, yes there's enough space for it- andleave a littlemore trunk room for something else.
Maybe a little more clutch pedal feel, but it just gets some time to get used to it.

Hm, think that's all I can think of now. I am overall happy with the car, little changes are on everything I buy could anyone have guessed?

Old 04-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: what would you change about your car?

First of all, Welcome to the forums and the extended Mazda family.
Thanks, I'm on Jag Lovers and Escape Central, both have proven very useful for ownership of those cars. I expect I will find this site useful too.
Yeah, this is a fun place to be. There are other Mazda forums too.

Get a hatch. Italready has one.
Wanted a sedan. Does the hatch have a hatch release button on the remote?
I was joking, because obviously you've already got a sedan. Just giving the sedan owners a hard time. It my forte' in life.
Lock release for all the doors and hatch. Press twice.

The carpeting does suck. I know. I just spent half the day yesterday vacuuming out the stuck IN dirt. The mats are OK though. They're mats. They rinse out pretty well and are there to protect the carpet. I'm sure you could find some better quality, custom sizedmats on the AM if you are willing to spend some dough. Try Autoanything.com. I think they offer them.

I would have willingly paid extra for a better carpet.
There is the aftermarket and custom shops if you're willing to pay for carpeting. This is really only supposed to be an economy car, but I understand your concerns. As I'd suggested, to get a little more life of the carpet you already have, and get a plusher feeling you seem to want, check out aftermarket mats. Besides autoanything, try Amazon.com and the like. you may find soemthing you really like.
Same for a second powerpoint for the rear seat (I installed one myself).
Good idea.

I have yet to find a "scratch" that doesn't easily wipe off or wash out.
It's actually my wife's car. She brushed her purse against the glove box door about the 3rd day she owned the car and it put a nice scratch on the black. Prayer may get it out but thats about all that will work, short of a refinish or door replacement.
My wife scraped her shoe across my glovebox and I was able to remove the "damage" w/a wet rag. Except for being annoyingly (is that a real word? ) hard to clean and keep clean, I have not experienced any real damage to the interior in the three years I've owned mine. A new world's record???