Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?

I have the 36mo/30,000mi warranty (+60,000mi drivetrain, I'm pretty sure), and I wanted to know if buying a cold-air will go against my warranty.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Default RE: Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?

if you buy the mazdaspeed CAI you wont be voiding your warranty. any other aftermarket part is questionable.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Speed, wait a second please, is the MS3 INTAKE as good as the injen and is it compatible with any year M3 ?

What is the difference in cost ?

I believe virgin was advising the injen is the best as far as performance .

Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM

injen is a good way to go, but in the end the mazdaspeed intake is under warranty, the piping is is .25 inches bigger allowing more airflow, but the mazdaspeed intake is more expensive. it'll run you anywhere between 300 and 400. i got mines on ebay. it was actually the real thing for once coming from ebay! and the injen will run around 250 or a little higher. the mazdaspeed intake should be available for 04-07 mazda 3's.

EDIT: sorry, the mazdaspeed intake for the mazdaspeed 3 is between 300 and 400. the mazdaspeed intake for the mazda 3 is around the same price as the injen.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: WarDogsOfNam
I believe virgin was advising the injen is the best as far as performance .
Actually I had read in SCC mag that Injen is the manufacturerof theMazdaSpeed CAI, and that the reason they are good is because they maintain the proper inner diameter @ the MAF which is a cause of CEL's. According to them, an intake that goes too big increases volume, but reduces the velocity near the MAF andit throws CEL's because ofthe misreading. In other words, it throw the system out of balance w/itself.
I don't have personal experience w/any of them, but I have friends that do and read a lot, because I take my time and am trying to decide which one to get myself.

OK, to be the smartass that I am (sorry Tripleskate. The way you worded the title I just couldn't resist) buying a CAI will not void your warranty. Installing it may, dependingwhat part of the car/engine/drivetrain you are having a problem with.

A friend of mine blew his inner CV joint. The sucker came apart, so because he had painted his calipers Mazda wouldn't cover the joint repair.
Figure that one out! I dare ya'.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM

LOL! r u serious??? i didnt know painting the parts of the car could be so hazardous!!! mayb all cars should be sold primered

Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 PM

i talked to the service guy after it was done he said that it shouldnt cause any check engine lights, but if it does its covered. inhalation of water is a different story though. they wont honor that.....

Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

LOL! r u serious??? i didnt know painting the parts of the car could be so hazardous!!! mayb all cars should be sold primered
Yup. None of us in the local Austin area could believeit either.
You know what's really sad is that he appealed it to the Mazda Rep, who backed up the dealers claim.
$950 later, he was back on the road. That's no joke.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:32 PM

so let me ask you a question. if i decided to change the color of my car altogether, WILL THAT VOID MY POWERTRAIN WARRANTY?????

Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

All I can tell you is, try it and see.
It was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard of too. When I was in the business, I worked for a Jeep dealer @ the time, I overheard an argument between my boss, the ownerand a customer. My boss's argument was so weak (like this one,) but he refused to give in.The customer left in an understandable huff and we never saw him again. I nearly quit my job right there and then.I could not believe whatI had heard from him.

Quick Reply: Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?