Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2010 Mazda 5 Grand Touring Nav/SAT stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Smile 2010 Mazda 5 Grand Touring Nav/SAT stereo

My wife recently bought a 2010 Mazda 5 grand Touring with the Satellite radio navigation system.

When viewing available sources, it lists USB and Bluetooth audio as options, but they are grayed out.

To us it seems that this feature should be an option we can add, but when we asked Mazda about it they said it isn't. If it isn't an option, why are they showing as sources? There must be an adapter to add to the back of the unit or something.

I'm hoping someone here has some experience with the and can help me activate this feature.

Her bluetooth works for handsfree phone operations. How can the built in unit be activated for streaming audio as well?

Thanks in advance!
BlueSmoke

Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Check your manual on how to enable the bluetooth. Base on my experience if that feature is available there should be an option in the setup on how to pair the bluetooth and your phone. Its pretty basic setup if your unit has bluetooth capability.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by White5
Check your manual on how to enable the bluetooth. Base on my experience if that feature is available there should be an option in the setup on how to pair the bluetooth and your phone. Its pretty basic setup if your unit has bluetooth capability.
I know how to pair. We have already paired her iPhone with the car's handsfree phone system. I am certain that streaming Bluetooth audio is not enabled in the Nav/Sat radio head unit. When I click on sources, it shows a grayed out Bluetooth source and I feel like there must be some hardware that was not included in the vehicle that we need to buy. The dealer claimed it couldn't be done. I am skeptical because of the grayed out audio source option. Clearly the software in the unit is aware of the feature.

The 2012 Mazda 5 has the feature, but you can't get a navigation system in the 2012 Mazda 5.

So, does anyone have Bluetooth streaming audio AND handsfree operation in their 2010 Mazda 5 Grand Touring? If so, please post here.