Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

ABS sensor trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 11:14 PM
Default ABS sensor trouble

I have a 2007 Mazda 5 and I've replaced the rear ABS sensors because the speedometer didn't work and abs, brake, and steering light came on. The steering light went off and the speedometer works but the abs and brake light is still on. I scan it and try to clear the abs light and it says they erase but it still won't clear them. The code is 1145 and 1155, input circuit failure. Replaced both rear abs sensors and new connectors. I've taken out the battery and let sit for as couple hours to reset ECU. I've tried the unhook battery and depress brake pedal trick too and don't know what to do next?

Old 06-11-2020, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Have you disconnected all the ABS sensors and the ABS HU/CM ( ABS PUMP ), and measured resistance ( open circuit ) in the wiring from each sensor to the ABS HU/CM connector? and also for short to ground?

Old 06-11-2020, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

They don't sell the Mazda 5 in my market, but comparing DTC's for other 2007 Mazda's,

C1145 is RHF ABS circuit

C1155 is LHF ABS circuit

Old 06-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Default Abs module

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Have you disconnected all the ABS sensors and the ABS HU/CM ( ABS PUMP ), and measured resistance ( open circuit ) in the wiring from each sensor to the ABS HU/CM connector? and also for short to ground?
Yeah my next plan was get to the ABS module behind the battery box and unhook it and look for corrosion.
Thanks I'll try that.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Default Abs module

It's just weird the front abs sensors are working but not the rear. They're all new, last night we took the rear ones out and replaced the connectors with the new ones, soldered the wires together and wrapped around them to keep dirt out and siliconed the sensor rim where it sits to help keep dirt out too. I ordered a kit of all 4 sensors and the connectors too online, I don't know if it's because they're not factory Mazda ones or not but they look the same.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

You shouldn't be soldering ABS sensor wiring.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

So tagging onto this thread to see if anyone can help me out. Replaced my struts, and afterwards I got ABS and traction control lights. I was assuming I’d managed to damage a wheel speed sensor wiring while doing the struts, but when I went and had the codes read today and it was only a single code, U0428 (steering angle sensor). I got the car aligned, and did the calibration (vehicle on w/ wheel centered, turn to left stop, turn to right stop, center wheel, ignition off). Each time the lights came back on within 50 feet of driving. two times while driving it around I felt a chattering sort of sensation from the brakes (felt like front left but I can’t be positive) like when a brake pad is loose. I assume this was the ABS having a fit though because the brakes were fine before the strut job and haven’t been touched. Other than that couple of times the brakes feel a little harder than normal but function fine.

Diagnosis steps? Could replacing the struts someone kill the steering angle sensor...... I mean it’s in the steering column? Is it more likely it’s something else causing that code to be triggered?

Old 12-29-2022, 05:46 AM
Default What is abs HU/CM?

Originally Posted by grim_reaper

I am experiencing a problem in my 2008 Mazda 5 I have no manual mode also cannot shift correctly Has anybody ever seen anything like this TIA

Old 12-29-2022, 05:47 AM
Default Did you figure out your problem?

Originally Posted by skyrider
I have a 2007 Mazda 5 and I've replaced the rear ABS sensors because the speedometer didn't work and abs, brake, and steering light came on. The steering light went off and the speedometer works but the abs and brake light is still on. I scan it and try to clear the abs light and it says they erase but it still won't clear them. The code is 1145 and 1155, input circuit failure. Replaced both rear abs sensors and new connectors. I've taken out the battery and let sit for as couple hours to reset ECU. I've tried the unhook battery and depress brake pedal trick too and don't know what to do next?

when your vehicle was acting like this, did you have a selection to manually select the gears when you put shifter into manual mode? or was it completely? Useless as in the vehicle just stayed in D.