Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

this is bull****. enough is enough

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Default this is bull****. enough is enough

do this and pass it around like a joint to everyone you know and see. when it comes to gas buy what you need. if you need 2 gallons to get work/school and back everyday put it just that. it may seem like not much but the more people doing that rather than filling up or halfing their tank, the longer the tank in the station stays full. stop driving unnecessarily. it time to hit the petroleum ****ers back where it hurts, in their pockets. force them to drop the damn prices. obviously the more we buy the harder they **** us, so limit how much you buy......drastically. take the bus if you have to, ride a bike, whatever you do help send the shaft back up their ***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Default RE: this is bull****. enough is enough

Wish we had a true alternative to driving here in (most parts of) the U.S.!! Mass transit seems to be a "dirty word" in political circles here.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 AM

We still have it pretty cheap compared to most parts of the world.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Here in Portugal hurts a lot.

1 ltr - unleaded 95 - 1.40 Euros
1 ltr - Diesel - 1.20 Euros

Minimum Wage - 400 Euros
Average Wage - 750 Euros

Do the maths !!! [:@]

Old 02-27-2008, 01:30 PM

Here's the math.....Ouch

1 L * (3.79 L/US gal) * 1.40 Euros * (1.51 USD/Euro) = $7.96/gallon

Old 02-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

We still have it pretty cheap compared to most parts of the world.
+1.
I have read for years that fuel in Italy, France and Germanycosts the equivalent of $7-$8/gallon.
A drivers licence can take several months just to complete the requirements and paperwork, and cost (conservitively)over $2500. They don't just hand a licence to anyone over the age of 16. You have to earn it.
Their are other costs that are vehicle related too that add up. IIRC, the size and original costs of the vehicle plays a factor, as well as hp and fuel consumption... but don't quote me on that.
Yes, in many ways, we STILL have it easy here.

The most recent source I remember reading thisinformation (but not the only one) was Road & Track mag... about 10 years ago. I doubt that things have improved for them, just as they don't improve here.
We have no room to bitch here.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Here's the math.....Ouch

1 L * (3.79 L/US gal) * 1.40 Euros * (1.51 USD/Euro) = $7.96/gallon
It hurts doesn't it?

100 us dollar per barrel... Thanks Mr. George. W. Bush. [&o]

Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM

GWB has nothing to do with OPEC, or the massive increases in fuel demand that China is placing on global oil supply (supply vs demand is one of the basics of economics)....And our dependency ongasoline is only because it has been (and still continues to be) the most efficient/cost effective means of fueling our vehicles....if there was something less expensive and more efficient, we'd already be using it. You can thank your congressman for the lack of good diesels in this country as well as a vast majority of the diesels currently for sale in Europe (40mpg Mazda6 anyone?) don't meet our strict emissions requirements.

E85 is less fuel efficient, pure ethanol even more-so....there are people that have switched thinking they are doing their wallet a favor, when they are really helping the environment (questionable IMO) at the cost of their wallet as they will be burning more fuel at a similar cost to gasoline....and the switch of crops from foodstock to fuelstock then drives up the prices on all of the food items made from Corn (or whatever food crop is being used, corn is the most typical) as farmers see better $$$$ in producing fuelstock, so the supplies of corn for food goes down driving up the price of Doritos & tortillas....dammit.

The end result of these increasing gas prices will be two-fold
1) A decrease in the size of vehicle people buy/drive - this can already be seen in the buying habits here in the US as people migrate away from trucks/SUV's to smaller cars and cross-over vehicles
2) Increase in the usage of public transportation - although this is fairly difficult in a society as spread out as we are here in the US.

I used to drive a 13 mpg F-150 4wd Crewcab....I bought a 30mpg Mazda3 to save $$$ on gas. I'll still need a vehicle to tow my projects around, but I won't use it as a daily driver like I did in the past.

I drive ~2000 miles/month. That would have consumed 154 gallons in my F-150, only 67 in the Mazda.

@ $3.00/gallon, I save $261/month
@ $4.00/gallon, I save $348/month
@ $5.00/gallon, I save $435/month
@ $6.00/gallon, I save $522/month
@ $7.00/gallon, I save $609/month

Old 02-27-2008, 04:19 PM

Let's face a fact, since the Iraq invasion the oil price increased from 30 us Dollars to 100 us Dollars, the current geopolitical condition on Iraq and the US-Iran relations are indeed a major factor to this situation.

I don't think that is only China's Oil demand the cause of this endless price increase. Many people think that the real reason of the Iraqi War was the Oil and not the WMD that were never found. In 5 years Crude Oil triplicate its price so that a few could have bigger pockets

Old 02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with both of your statements... and some good info/debate there STT!!

Welcome aboard SilverArrow!

But I have to agree also that GW has really pissed off a bunch ofthe OPEC execsover there (not to mention, over here,) he is NOT seen as a friend or ally, but as the cocky, spoiledand stupid SOB that he is.

None-the-less, we have gotten off easy for aall these years. We like to drive our big, gas guzzling SUV's and trucks (not me of course,) w/o regard to whatever else is happening in the world. We are like spoiled little brats, and now we are complaining 'cause we have to give up our "way-of-life," or at least are being forced to change it little. I had been waiting for this for some time now. I felt it was coming ~30yrs ago.

I think that humans are all ready too late to "save the planet" and that Americans are largely responsible for that.
If humans, especially the greedy ones that have the power, were interested in long term solutions, they would've been SERIOUSLY looking into them 30yrs ago... that's when all this enviromental movement stuff really started coming to lite. Instead, we've only gotten lip-serviced... a.k.a. a blow-job. I was 13-15 and in Jr. HS, and we knew it then...

Quick Reply: this is bull****. enough is enough