Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Many problems with 2009 Mazda 5 I'm heartbroken

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM

BTW VW SUCKS. I once had an '86 VW Golf with 420,000 km's (+/- 260,000 miles) and I had to replace the headlight. They wouldn't even cover it even though I was only 360,000 km's (+/- 220,000 miles) out of warranty!!

Side Note: My headlight died in my Mazda 5 and it was covered under warranty. I was shocked by this, figured it was a "wear 'n' tear" item.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by BCNorth
BTW VW SUCKS. I once had an '86 VW Golf with 420,000 km's (+/- 260,000 miles) and I had to replace the headlight. They wouldn't even cover it even though I was only 360,000 km's (+/- 220,000 miles) out of warranty!!

Side Note: My headlight died in my Mazda 5 and it was covered under warranty. I was shocked by this, figured it was a "wear 'n' tear" item.

Damn VW, how dare they not cover it. after all it's just plastic and glass right?

Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Smile Ok, ok, you all win!

Dear Mazda Enthusiasts~

This is to publically acknowledge that you all win! Mazda cars are excellent cars. The company is superior! I'm wrong~ my negative experience is just one minor flaw in an otherwise perfect Mazda world.

As far as my grammar corrections to previous post, it was done in jest. I have to confess I did take offense to being called "irrational". I guess I had written my first post after being "irrationally" upset because I mistakenly thought my car should have been dependable (as far as MY standards go) after two years. I posted on this to see if any other Mazda owners experienced similar problems, to possible get some "insider" advice on how to proceed and to gain a little sympathy. Apparently my stupidity ignored the fact that this is an "ENTHUSIASTS" forum.

I will no longer correct your grammar, your spelling OR say anything negative about my Mazda experiences or car on this forum. You can all rest peacefully knowing that your love of Mazda is safe. I got a great deal on a Toyota.

May you all have a wonderful holiday season. Drive safely!

PS- When my awesome Toyota SM (family member who wouldn't lie) contacted our local Mazda dealers regarding what I could get for my car they all gave her $3,000 below blue book value. That seems a bit odd and gives the impression that even the dealers don't think highly of this car. Anyway, enjoy your Mazda.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

$3000 below blue-book isnt bad. You have to remember that they have to sell the car to make a profit. If they give you what your car is worth they will lose money.

We once had a 1996 honda civic. A car dealership offered us $500 for the car!!! We were insulted. We sold the car privately for $6500! Dealerships will ONLY give you CRAP for a car no matter how much the car is worth or how good it is!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:38 PM

I guess I'm just really ignorant when it comes to this car stuff ~lol. I know that there isn't a dealer in the world who wants to take a loss but when I got the Mazda, I had a Town and Country Van (3 years old) and they paid off the loan as part of my deal. Was that a fluke or was my van worth more than the Mazda? Honestly I'm so confused with the whole process. I realize that at this point I am going to either have to keep the car and "fix" the problems and hope for the best or be upside down with a new car. I just want a safe, dependable car to drive my son and I around the country for his traveling soccer team. Uggghhhhhh~ why can't life just be simple?