Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Default New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!

Bought one last Saturday after months of researching and comparisons. Nothing else like it out there that would offer the great benefits that this does. I just love the whole concept of the Mazda 5.

Anyway, first aftermarket purchase is tint. Took it today for an estimate and I think the manager of the place was stoned! He wanted $395. The dealer only wanted $350. Told him that and walked out the door. He chased me down and offered $330. Drove off.

Anyone in the Windy City area that knows of a good shop that can do it for a good price?
Any Mazda 5 car clubs in the Chicagoland area?

I love this car. Can't wait to get off work to drive home.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Default RE: New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!

I'm fortunate enough to get mine... er my wife's Mazda5 windows tinted for $200, including the brow strip in the front windshield. 20% all around. Very nice.

Jim.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Jim Rowley

I'm fortunate enough to get mine... er my wife's Mazda5 windows tinted for $200, including the brow strip in the front windshield. 20% all around. Very nice.

Jim.
$200! I'll try to use that as a barganing chip somewhere. Thanks for sharing your information Jim.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 AM

i just got a hitch installed on my Mazda 5 yesterday, so I can take my bike with me. Tried my old strap version bike rack, but thought it might break the plastic roof spoiler.

Havn't tried it out yet, but will today.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:18 PM

Where did you get the hitch?

Old 12-15-2006, 04:09 AM

Congrats on the Mazda 5 I have an 06 phantom blue grand touring love that thing.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:13 AM

Wow !!! I paid 149.00 for 17% Lumar tint all the way around. Shop around dude and make sure you get a quality tint that wont fade or turn purple.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM

I bought a Mazda5 a few weeks ago.

I ordered tint and clear bra from Invisiblemask.com. You get great instructions and the tools you need. http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin...;submodel=3897

I ordered my hitch from etrainler.com. http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2007_Mazda_5.htm

I have installed the auto-dimming mirror and K&N Cold Air Intake as well. I have a set of after-market 225/45-17 Yokohama tires wheels on some A-R rims.

My 5 came without a few items. They are hard to find in Denver. I wanted a 5-speed Sport in GreenSilver Metallic. I'm doing the rest myself! I will be putting the tape deck in soon, too.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 AM

I too am new to the 5, live in the Windy City and just got mine tinted by the guy who ABT claims to be the one who does all of their tinting work. TintFX (Ryan). He is an independant who works out of a glass shoppe in Arlington Heights. He did all my windows with SunTech Carbon (dark tint) except for the driver+front passenger and windshield for $225. SunTech Carbon is great stuff. The material is guaranteed for life not to chip, peel, nor turn purple.[/align][/align]His work is nearly flawless and only takes a few hours. I have one small bubble that he says will come out after it fully dries. He does claim a lifetime guarantee.[/align][/align]Give him a call at : 847 - 217-1696. He answers with a simple "hello" so just make sure it's Ryan at TintFX and tell him you got his name from Tom who had his 5 tinted last Saturday.[/align]

Old 05-23-2007, 12:33 AM

Congrats, I am new to the ranks by 6 weeks as well. We also love the vehicle. Only gripe is the fuel economy as it doesn't forgive lead foots like myself.

Got roped into ours by inadvertently going into the dealership (salt lake city) on the last day of the fiscal month for march with the intent of buying used. The sales manager said "we'll get you into a new one". And sure enough he did; made the numbers quite pleasing. While we were talking I asked how much tint would be and he said they'd do it if we bought it. That was that, got 40% in front and 30% in the rear (don't like reduced night vision).

About the hitch, if you select 06 for the year you'll get a Curt option thats more money but has 2 more attachment points. That'll be the one I get.

Is the invisible mask good? We purchased the bra but after only using it twice we have some hairline scratches in the hood. Better than rock chips but still annoying as some buffing is now required.

As far as the tire wear thing that seems to be sweeping the UK, I haven't seen any abnormal wear in 1800 miles.

A friend and I were joking around about dropping a speed3 drivetrain in the 5, man that would be sweet.

I'm thinking it would be nice to get 16" 6 rims to improve fuel economy and soften the ride a little. There was a used blue one with chrome 6 wheels and it looked all right (standard 5 spoke).

Has any one replace the stock speakers to try for better sound yet? It looks like the stock stereo is irreplacable with its integration into the green display bar. The volume seems far to coarse for my taste, sometimes I like it barely audible but its just not possible.

I guess thats enough topics for one reply....

Quick Reply: New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!