Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Owner of an 07 Mazda 5 and excited!

ORIGINAL: AIMWO4

I bought a Mazda5 a few weeks ago.

I ordered tint and clear bra from Invisiblemask.com. You get great instructions and the tools you need.
http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin...;submodel=3897

Hey AIMWO, I am looking into this system for my 3 HB and was wondering how the install went for you?
It has been suggested that a professional do the install as they can be verydifficult to get right. Is that what you've found too?
I didn't do this when I first got my 3, actually I wasn't even aware that such a product existed back then, but now I have to have the whole front end repainted because of the stone chips and don't want to do that every 4 yrs. ($$$$$)
They don't make automotive paint like they used to. [8D]

Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Default 2006 mazda 5 touring Curt Hitch

Originally Posted by s1eeper
Congrats, Iam new to the ranks by 6 weeks as well. We also love the vehicle. Only gripe is the fuel economy as it doesn't forgive lead foots like myself.

Got roped into ours by inadvertently going into the dealership (salt lake city) on the last day of the fiscal month for march with the intent of buying used. The sales manager said "we'll get you into a new one". And sure enough he did; made the numbers quite pleasing. While we were talking I asked how much tint would be and he said they'd do it if we bought it. That was that, got 40% in front and 30% in the rear (don't like reduced night vision).

About the hitch, if you select 06 for the year you'll get a Curt option thats more money but has 2 more attachment points. That'll be the one I get.

Is the invisible mask good? We purchased the bra but after only using it twice we have some hairline scratches in the hood. Better than rock chips but still annoying as some buffing is now required.

As far as the tire wear thing that seems to be sweeping the UK, I haven't seen any abnormal wear in 1800 miles.

A friend and I were joking around about dropping a speed3 drivetrain in the 5, man that would be sweet.

I'm thinking it would be nice to get 16" 6 rims to improve fuel economy and soften the ride a little. There was a used blue one with chrome 6 wheels and it looked all right (standard 5 spoke).

Has any one replace the stock speakers to try for better sound yet? It looks like the stock stereo is irreplacable with its integration into the green display bar. The volume seems far to coarse for my taste, sometimes I like it barely audible but its just not possible.

I guess thats enough topics for one reply....
will the curt hitch fit the touring because curt customer service said there where some issues with the bumber fascia?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 PM

will the curt hitch fit the 2006 mazda 5 touring ???

Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by s1eeper

Has any one replace the stock speakers to try for better sound yet? It looks like the stock stereo is irreplacable with its integration into the green display bar. The volume seems far to coarse for my taste, sometimes I like it barely audible but its just not possible.
Here is a tip that worked well on my Subaru STI (that had the cheapest speakers imaginable) that I had before the Mazda 5

Move the fader to 4 or 5 to the rear

Base up almost to max

Treble to about 2 or 3

Give it ago esp the fader bit as this helps most cars std stereo's sound loads better.

My Impreza's speakers actually made me feel sick without doing the above at any decent volume.

Last edited by CO2000; 04-17-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 PM

I am also a proud owner of an 07 GT Mazda5. I am curious if anyone has swapped out the single disc cd for the 6 disc. Ebay has a new in box 6disc for 20$ us + 30$ shipping. I'd like to switch when the wife's not looking (her M5)