Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

New to the site but had problems with my mazda 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Default New to the site but had problems with my mazda 5

HELLO ALL !!! Newbie here, I was informed of this site through another mazda 5 owner, Getting some great information on mazda 5's of this site, Not feeling as though constantly on the phone to the mazda dealers!! ( They must hate it when I say my name to them( Oh no she's on the phone again !!))
Anyway on the subject of tyres I had to have all 4 tyres replaced as all of them were wearing on the inside of the tyres, I took the car into the dealership whom tried to fob me off with it was the way I was driving the car!!! Saying it was cos I was using full lock on my steering!! Anyway they took it in and found that there was a problem (Tracking was out on all four and something else) and they sorted it out by replacing something (Im not sure what it was) they came to an agreement that i should pay £180 for the tyres as mazda took most of the resposibility for the wear on my tyres. Also have heard some noise from the front of my car when going over small bumps in the road (its like a clunking noise!!) asked the dealers but they said they couldnt hear anything when they took it out for a test drive, so im still looking into this noise.

If anyone else has this noise please let me know!!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Default RE: New to the site but had problems with my mazda 5

We had the front anti-roll bar bushes replaced a couple of months ago. The car made an awful crunching sound as it went over a speed hump or the like.
Have a word I am sure that they will remember doing ours!

We have just had the car back becuase the tyres were wearing again!!!

North Lincs Tyres reckoned that the front was out by 2.5mm and the rear thrust (??) out by 2.0mm

According to Mazda the tracking is spot on!! They reckon that non Mazda garages don't have the right settings?????

They did however inflate the tyres to 38psi all round (the label says 32 all round).

Herself, who drives the car, suggests that the car feels better for it!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:43 AM

We have had our mazda 5 two months now
and we hav wearing on inside tryes and also same problum with clunkin noise from front
to me it sounds like bushes called mazda today just got to wait now !
reading on the internet it seems this is a common problum

Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM

Keep on at your dealer, do not accept any attempts to fob you off with driving style or incorrect tyre pressures.

I think Mazda have shot themselves in the foot by putting the wrong tyre pressure lables on the car in the first place......

Keep us posted...

Old 10-23-2006, 04:52 PM

Is this a UK only problem? (Dead give away - tyres spelling ) Anyone in the States come across this problem?

Jim.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 PM

I think it might be a UK fault. You got the dodgy exhaust system, we got the dodgy tyre wear......

Out of interest what tyre (tire) pressure does Mazda US or Canada suggest for a 17" tyre?

We are reccomended 32psi all round for normal use going up to 42psi all round for heavy load.

My dealer has told me to go to about 40psi all round and see if that makes a difference..
Nig

Old 10-23-2006, 05:34 PM

34 psi all around.

Jim.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Interesting. I noticed today that with the tyres inflated to 38psi the middle section was wearing and the outer edges were not in contact with the road. The tyres were dirty after coming up our lane. the outer edges were nice and clean after being on the wet roads. This suggests over inflation, so I shall go down to 35psi and see if that makes a difference.
Nig

Old 11-02-2006, 05:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Maz05da
Anyway on the subject of tyres I had to have all 4 tyres replaced as all of them were wearing on the inside of the tyres
The rear tyres on our Mazda 5 have worn on the inside edges, See my post in another thread.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:31 AM

[:@]
mazda changed the anti roll bar bushes ,2 weeks later its back and more noisey then ever ,,
went to the dealership and wile i was having a moan a women walked over and said i hav same problum and thay told her it was just road noise lol, i drove her 5 and the cluck she has is the same as mine so mazda said ok leave the car with us.. pff we will see ,,,
ill keep u posted

Quick Reply: New to the site but had problems with my mazda 5