Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

09 Mazda 6S GT w/Bose & Nav

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Default 09 Mazda 6S GT w/Bose & Nav

Hey folks, I just purchased a Sangria Red 2009 Mazda 6S Grand Touring with the Bose/Moon roof. Really loving the car so far. My question is... is there anyway to disable, bypass or auto-timeout the touch screen navigations start-up caution warning screen?

Am also thinking of purchasing new rims. The factory ones are OK for factory rims but don't have enough pop or style for my taste. Would be awesome to see picks of other 09 owners who are rolling on something a little fresher.

Peach, long life and prosper!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:37 PM

I don't have (nor would I want) the nav so I can't answer that one.

As for the rims, these are on my wish list but being 31 w/ a family, etc I have more important things that I need the cash for unfortunately. If you are in a better position to spend though ....

http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/p-1302...ry-silver.aspx

Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Volk makes some VERY nice wheels, but I would caution you or anyone to be careful of the offset.
The 1st gen 6's used a +60mm offset which is nearly impossible to find on the AM. A +50 will work but pushes the centerline of the wheels 1/4" out closer to the fender lip. In the 1st gens at least, there isn't all that much room there, not to mention what it can do to overall handling and performance.

The nav question may be one for the dealer. Perhaps they can electronically bypass the startup for you. But I really don't know. Like Ach3r0n, I don't have it and don't really want it... especially for Mazda's upcharge.

Last edited by virgin1; 07-25-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:54 AM

This is the info I found on the net a few weeks ago in regards to the 2nd US 6's wheels. I believe it came from Discount Tire.

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Center Bore: 67.1
Hardware:12x1.50 Lug
Offset: 45-55mm

Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

That sounds about right to me, except I would still be very careful in the shallow end of that offset spec. I'd bet the factory is still @ +60mm. Remember please that Discount and Tire Rack, etc are in business to sell you wheels and just cause they say they will fit the car does not mean they will do no harm... but you are the one that can find out.

Take a wheel off the car and look in the unfinished casting between the bolt holes. There should be a number in one and "mm" in the adjacent one. That will tell you for sure how close to those specs you might want to stay at.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the feed back so far.

For the record, I wasn't a fan of the nav, however it came down to the red with nav or the white without nav. The dealer, Royal Moore Mazda in Portland Oregon, gave me a price that made it worth while... total purchase price with 7 yr bumper to bumper, 3 yr service plan and trade-in came to 24K. They gave us nearly 2K over KBB value for vehilce in perfect condition. Trade-in was a much less than perfect 96 GMC Saburban 4X4 which had 170K miles, a blown rear differential, a siezed front AC compressor, leaking heat exchanger and the interior drivers side door handle snapped off. KBB should have been less then 2K... I feel I got a smokin deal and I was happy to take the nav.

BTW: Thanks for the input on the rims. Someting like those GT-C Face-2's would be hot.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

No problem. I hope it helps you in your decision. And no need to be defensive of your choice either. If that is your choice, that is your choice. If you got a deal and that came along with it, so be it.

On this forum we might express our "opinions" but that doesn't mean that we don't respect yours. Flame wars rarely break out here. I think it separates us from some of the larger Mazda/Automotive forums on the net... one of which I also Moderate for.

I have to warn you though, many of us are automatic/auto-tragic/man-u-matic snobs. I have to admit to being one of them. But again, if that's what floats your boat, it's OK, just be prepared for some ribbing that's all.

That Suburban really a more than just a few problems though, huh?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

That sounds about right to me, except I would still be very careful in the shallow end of that offset spec. I'd bet the factory is still @ +60mm
You're close. I just read on another forum that factory for the 17" is 50mm.

Originally Posted by MidgieMan
For the record, I wasn't a fan of the nav, however it came down to the red with nav or the white without nav. The dealer, Royal Moore Mazda in Portland Oregon, gave me a price that made it worth while...
Hey like the man said, no need to defend your choice. Besides, if I had been offered the nav for $500 or less, I would have gladly taken it. I just didn't want to pay $2000 when I can get get an aftermarket JVC with nav for $700.

Last edited by Ach3r0n; 07-26-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 PM

Just curious. Did you get the 'cash for clunkers' bonus on the Surburban trade?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hawker
Just curious. Did you get the 'cash for clunkers' bonus on the Surburban trade?
Good point. He couldn't have if he only got $2K. He should have gotten $3500-4500.

Quick Reply: 09 Mazda 6S GT w/Bose & Nav