Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

car making noise while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Default car making noise while driving

ok so i have a 2004 mazda 6 when i got the car had not made noise before while driving the car. . runs and drives good motor is good. but the trans is a 6 speed and while im driving it now when it goes in to the last gear i know six peed activates and it shakes. and when i hit on the gas it sounds like an airplane and im getting vibration from the steering to the gas pedal. it sounds like the rotor and i also hear like the left shock is bottoming out. i havent checked under the car in a while but i plan on taking a look at it because its got me worried i remember that the rotor is held by two ball joints i think one may be loose i think the bolt was never put on on the way so one of the two all joints is secured. i think that may be the prob because i remember it being on the left side and the noise is coming from the left side and i am driving the car and press the gas. when i start braking it goes away but as soon as i push that petal it shakes and make noise trying to find out the real cause or possible cause and if anyone has experienced this shake and vibration coming from rotors? thank you for taking your time to read. im worried about if i should be worried for my wife to keep driving the car. saftey first! is it control arm related or motor mount or trans mount related?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:52 PM

Mazdaidk:
This is something to hand to a competent mechanic. With these front wheel drive cars there is o much going on at the front end that a verbal description does not help much in diagnosing the problem. It must be put on a lift and properly inspected for play in any ball joints, play in any steering part, play in the wheel bearings, play in the CV joints and run out of the rotors.

And please have it checked now. As you said safety is Nr. 1 priority. You can take it to more than one place for diagnosis and estimates. I prefer an independent mechanic over dealer and franchise places. So you may want to look for a place like "Ron's Automotive".

Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Banned

a couple other thoughts: motor mounts, clutch. Car is old! Just turned 10!
Mileage?