Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

CAR WANDERS TO RIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Default RE: CAR WANDERS TO RIGHT

yeah check cradle. That was my problem too!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MAZDA6WPG

05 MAZDA6 SEDAN, My car wanders to the right slighty when you take your hands off the wheel. So far the tires have been balanced, rotated, allignment has been done and also a right upper control arm has been replaced. The car still wanders. The Service Manager and dealership dont know whats wrong. Please any imput would be appreciated.

Only thing I might think of, assuming there isn't a caster issue is tire diameters. You've had the tires rotated so that might rule out this theory but I'll mention it anyway. Measure the diameters of the front tires. Get one of those cloth tape measures that your mom/wife/girlfriend uses for sewing as it will conform to the roundness of the tire better. The idea is to have the diameters as close as possible on the front end.

I have noticed the tendency of the stock Michelins to tend to follow the crown of any given road a bit, but if its a serious pull to one side you have a problem somewhere. Caster, car out of square, tire diameters are some of the things that come to mind. I'd want to see the computer readouts on a front end machine to make sure everything lines up right. The cradle would make the car out of "square" if it isn't lined up right.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 AM

My 2003 Mazda 6 has the same problem. So I sent a e-mail to the Mazda Corp. and I was told that it's a default problem that all or most mazda 6' have.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 PM

had my car alligned at a different dealership the allignment was way out of wack. it is much better now.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM

remember in the states the roads are curved so your car is going to turn slowly to the right since you drive on the right side of the road.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 PM

-the steering wheel pulls hard during slower speeds
-it NEVER happens on newly paved roadways or major highways.

THOSE PROBLEMS ARE NORMAL. its a term called "Tramlining", or the tire's tendancy to follow inperfections/grooves/bumps in the roadway.

IMO, its actually a GOOD thing, because it tells me that the car's steering has stellar feeback. Many BMW drivers also have this issue.

U'd be hard pressed to find a LExus with this problem. because their steering/suspension sucks [>:]

Old 02-28-2007, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: sin6racer

-the steering wheel pulls hard during slower speeds
-it NEVER happens on newly paved roadways or major highways.

THOSE PROBLEMS ARE NORMAL. its a term called "Tramlining", or the tire's tendancy to follow inperfections/grooves/bumps in the roadway.

IMO, its actually a GOOD thing, because it tells me that the car's steering has stellar feeback. Many BMW drivers also have this issue.

U'd be hard pressed to find a LExus with this problem. because their steering/suspension sucks [>:]
agreed... cept the bit about lexus... dunno wut lexus u drove but the GS430 i drove had excellent suspension/handling