Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Cassette player for Bose system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Default Cassette player for Bose system?

Hello,

My apologies if this has been discussed before, I'm new here and didn't find anything from searching the forum. I have a 2005 Mazda6 with the Bose sound system. The one thing it doesn't have that I would like to add is a cassette player. Is there any option to add a cassette player to the Bose system other than through a dealership? Or does no one make an aftermarket cassette player (without tuner, as the tuner is already there) that can be added to the Bose system (and not look out of place)?

Thanks!

~ Rick

Old 02-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Cassette player for Bose system?

If I were you, i would really just go with the factory cassette play. Most times, the cassette player will look out of place. if you look at where the cassette player would go, the area is rather rounded and that would be filled in by the factory cassette player to make it look nice. If you had an aftermarket put in there, chances are they did not make it to specifically put into your vehicle so chances are it will not look so pleasing to the eyes.

just a question, but why are you putting in a cassete player?

Old 02-28-2006, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, that's what my wife asks me, too! <LOL> It happens that I have quite a few self-compiled cassette tapes that I occasionally would like to listen to. I suppose I could figure out how to transfer them to CD, but it would just be easier to have a cassette player. From doing some quick web searches, it doesn't appear that there is any afetrmarket player really designed to go into the Bose system, so it looks like it'll have to go to the dealership if I want to add one.

Thanks again!

~ Rick

Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 PM

i see, i wouldn't mind having a cassette player just for the heck of it. chances are i would never use the device but its just something nice to say that you have.

i can see your dilemma with those tapes. its no fun transferring them onto a cd... its a timely process, well at least for me because i don't have the patience to do so.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:53 PM

Go take a look at www.mazdastuff.com, they have a cassette for $186 that looks like factory stock. Hope it works with Bose.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 PM

i just remembered, if you have the cassette player, you can use an ipod cassette tape to play your ipod player. the cassettes are better than the fm modulator ones, but i dont know about the ipod integration method, that solders right onto your head unit panel so i'd assume that way would work very nice as well.