Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

if you were to have a mazda dealer install the intake, would that still void your warranty?
Good luck finding a dealer to do it. Some dealers might, but YMMV. Either way, install it yourself and if something goes wrong, put the factory one back on and take it in.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM

some cold air intakes do make your check engine light go on but that can be fixed with a CP-E mass air flow customizer. the biggest gains for intakes are actually with an injen CAI with the customizer. installation is soooo easy, so dont worry about that. i checked with my dealership and they said that the warranty will not be voided as long as the part is street legal

Old 09-13-2005, 10:47 PM

Engine or rest of warranty is not voided by installing an intake. If you develp rough idle, stall, check engine light on, etc that the dealer determines is a problem caused by the addition of your intake then you will have to pay for that diagnosis. If you do develop some problems then try removing the added parts and see if it goes away. If CEL comes on then take to a parts house that will check your codes for free(or buy your own scanner). If the code points to your intake you know it will not be covered.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:25 PM

okay, will the racing division injen CAI be street legal? and if so, would the customizer be worth the $250 if there is a CEL problem?

Old 11-14-2005, 03:57 PM

I installed a K&N intake on my 2004 6s it added so much HP it was definately a great investment. Also this will not void your warranty. My check engine light came on for awhile because the max air sensor wasn't hooked up correctly, make sure you re-set your computer after you install. It was pretty easy to install, however if you want it to go to the bottom of your engine compartment and not just on top of your engine you have to take out the driver side wheel well. It is better if you place it closer to the road, the cooler air is down there, and most of the intakes come with a filter that has a cover to protect it from sucking up road dirt. I take my filter off and wash it out every other oil change.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 PM

i'm hoping that CEL doesnt come on, now i just gotta see if the injen CAI will fit my 05 mazda

Old 11-19-2005, 12:31 PM

well i've talked with an injen dealer and they say that yes, an Injen CAI will fit an 05 mazda6s, but they can't really say that until the proof that it really does fit comes out. They said that newer model might come out to help the 6 get in more air to the engine more efficiently. SO many i will wait and see if this really does happen, nothing better than efficiency.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:59 AM

Actually K&N does have a cold air intake too and the typhoon can be either one by taking off the lower piping and moving the filter up! I got rid of my AEM and went to the K&N for this reason!

Old 12-18-2005, 01:02 PM

I had an AEM intake put on my 03. The CEL only comes on in the winter though. This is a stupid question, if I wanted to reset my sensor, could I do that myself or would I have to take it to the dealer? I would rather do it myself if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Resetting the oxygen sensor itself is easy.it is mostly just unhooking the negative battery cable for like ten minutes or so,then hooking it back up and letting the car sit and idle for like 20 minutes. The problem is...It doesn't always solve the problem(as I found out) since the computer in the car tries to compensate again and even when I had the CEL's cleared by my buddy at his performance shop like 5 times,the car still wants to retain the factory air settings and limits. I had to get a different C.A.I. that had a vax solenoid that fooled the computer into working the right way..lol
Good Luck though!

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake