Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Door panel - having trouble getting it back on

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Default Door panel - having trouble getting it back on

Hi
I have a Mazda 6 2007 exec petrol.
I smashed up my drivers side wing mirror so I had to replace it. I have everything back in place except for the inside door panel. I didnt completely remove the door panel and I'm having trouble hooking the top of it snugly against the window.

A couple of questions:
I found 2 screws holding the door panel: one behind the internal door latch (the thing you pull to open the door, from the inside) and the other down behind the light in the door that clips out. Are there any more hidden screws holding the door panel in place. I'm afraid to rip it out and break stuff.

My second question is: am I right in thinking that I need to completely remove the internal door panel in order to "hook" the top of the door panel against the window so that it sits snugly? I presume I need to do this first before I clip it back into place and then screw the screws back.

Cheers,

Last edited by Dgriff; 05-11-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:48 PM

There is one more screw usually under the plastic/rubber mat inside the door internal handle (were you grab to close the door from the inside)

My Mazda 6 does need the whole panel removed and the window lowered to replace the panel snuggly from the top then clipped into place.

Be careful, removing the whole panel may allow the window track to move forcing you to reset the track before clipping the panel back on.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:21 AM
Question Question/removing the whole panel

QUOTE=acreu61;147582]There is one more screw usually under the plastic/rubber mat inside the door internal handle (were you grab to close the door from the inside)

My Mazda 6 does need the whole panel removed and the window lowered to replace the panel snuggly from the top then clipped into place.

Be careful, removing the whole panel may allow the window track to move forcing you to reset the track before clipping the panel back on.[/QUOTE]

How do you reset the the track?