Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

key fob not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Due to the age of the vehicle & remote, its not uncommon for the remote to fail. I've replace quite a few over the years.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Due to the age of the vehicle & remote, its not uncommon for the remote to fail. I've replace quite a few over the years.
Okay. Thanks i i will order new one. Hopefully will work even though the the current key flash red light when pressing the button.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Red light only indicated battery power.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Red light only indicated battery power.
Ahaa. One more question how to know the the Right key model on alibaba. There is different numbers for the same key. Does all them work the same and can be programmed or must be the same?

Old 05-11-2020, 12:53 PM

My car battery was marginal and the key FOB would not work. The dashboard was showing crazy information. Including not recognizing the key fob, it was saying my gas was out, my washer fluid was out etc,etc. Jumped the battery and started right up.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mahmoud Al Rajhi
Ahaa. One more question how to know the the Right key model on alibaba. There is different numbers for the same key. Does all them work the same and can be programmed or must be the same?
hey..I know you asked this a month ago, but I saw no reply
... if it's the same as my 2003 it may have "Visteon Model No. 4xxxx" on the back... search "visteon 4xxxx" on aliExpress..e.g. mine is Visteon 41803. I have been wanting to try one.. but its no good getting the built in key model for me, as my key is separate and has the immobilizer chip in it.. I have only 1 key so I can't program a new one without paying $$$ at a dealer (you need 2 keys to program a new one...). I tried a new battery in my remote, no dice... I wonder if the receiver unit in the car ever fails...?

Old 12-01-2020, 11:13 PM

I have similar problem, have you found a fix for it?

Originally Posted by skyvo
Hey guys,

I hope you can help here... I got a Mazda 3 2010 and I had a similar problem where I’ve taken the battery out of my key fob and replaced the plastic covers as they broke. I realized once all was done that the fob unlocks and locks the doors just fine but now the engine immobilized comes on and blinks red when I try to start the car. I don’t understand how that’s possible but I’ve tried these instructions on pairing the broken key again and nothing worked. I then disconnected the battery for a few minutes and that didn’t help either. I really want to avoid taking it in to the dealer if possible!

Any suggestions?

Old 12-02-2020, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

If you swap key heads, you need to swap over the immobilizer chip from the old key head to the new key head, or if the new key head come with a chip, it requires programming to the PCM.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:08 AM
Default New key fob?

So my key fob doesn’t want to connect to my 06 mazda6 at all. I go through the programming procedures and once it gets to the part where the doors lock and unlock automatically it stops after locking and unlocking once. I then followed through with the rest and nothing happens. Then I proceed to lock and unlock the doors with the buttons on the door and nothing happens. Any ideas what this could be?
note:I have to disconnect my battery to get the buttons on the doors to lock again and the red light turns on when I press a button on the key fob.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 PM
Default Unable to proceed.

Originally Posted by Mazmart Trini
This. The fob will have to be reprogrammed.

"Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks."
Hi All.
The problem is that I have the auxiliary keys in my fobs and ignition is in fixed position, I can not rotate the key,
So I can not perform step 4
Is there any solution for that?

Mazda 6 Sport _Estate 2008
​​​​
Regards
​​​​​​

Quick Reply: key fob not working