Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Keyless Entry Problems - Escalated to Mazda Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Default Keyless Entry Problems - Escalated to Mazda Customer Service

I had the same exact problem as many of you guys that have the MazdaSpeed6 - Grand Touring models. The Keyless system's rear antenna (underneath the bumper cover) went bad. The driver & passenger side door handle button was working just fine.

They ordered and replaced the antenna, but it still won't work. While trying to get the rear switch working, they screwed up and disabled the driver's side switch also. To add insult to injury, they then tell me that it is my bluetooth adaptor that caused the problem. Bluetooth has been on that car since the beginning & there was never ever any problems with advanced keyless entry, whatsoever! They also made covert threats about voiding ALL warranty if I choose to escalate this issue.

This gets even better. An hour later, I take it in to a different Mazda dealer to get a second opinion and he says that my bluetooth kit would NOT cause this problem. Since they added a new Antenna, they just need to reprogram the keyless system & that is it! Unfortunately they cannot reprogram it for they will not get paid for it since a different dealer has a ticket open for my car.

I have a complaint into Mazda Customer Service. Sometimes, good customer service can make up for a not-so-good vehicle. I'll keep you guys posted...

PS: I traded in a Kia for this Mazdaspeed6. Bought it brand new, kept it for 3 years, only 2 minor warranty issues, and their customer service was EXCELLENT. I am also a panelist for Consumer Reports magazine. I had presented a positive review for Kia that they actually published online!
[/align]

Old 03-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Default RE: Keyless Entry Problems - Escalated to Mazda Customer Service

yea, but its a kia...

Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 PM

Exactly my point. Kia, which is regarded by many to be a crappy car proved otherwise, while a "zoom zoom" Mazda, made in Japan, keeps falling apart. This is my 4th warranty issue in 6 months of ownership.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 PM

I agree but my point is, even if you need to deal with a couple more issues I dont know about anyone else, but if you have a basic car that is slow as *** and just is a"kia" and it is just so basic, then you have a nice mazda, that is quick and more into it and not as basic there are more things to go and such, Id def. take the mazda, but usually they dont have that rep. to have problems. I feel bad that you are. usually people dont tend to have these problems...keep us posted please!