Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

MAF Customizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Default RE: MAF Customizer

So what can you do to make your car faster other then a turbo kit, cai,andexhaust.Im trying to get both looks and speed.I got a 12" kicker L5 and probably going to add another one soon. Tinted window, exaust, clear side markers. Next im going to get my cai thats y ive been asking so many ?'s so i can find the right one so thanks for all the help guys, hopefully soon my car will look and be as fast as your 6's soon.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:02 PM

Well,All that is probably best answered by Mr Tea since he has one of the fastest 6's on the forums and he knows everyone else that has anything close to as fast as his!.
I have done about all I am gonna do for speed on mine. I have gotten an 8 point ticket in mine already! Fast Enough for me!
Good Luck though!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:06 PM

This thread came at just the right time, had my 6s3.0 for 6 month now and gettung ready to start the mods.

The CP-E intake sounds great just cause it comes with a MAF, I'm wondering about exaust through, I would like to get something with a low pitch that doesn't sound too loud but powerful, any recomendations?

Also, I'm wondering what chip mods are recomended for the 6s 3.0, I'm not planning on getting a turbo, just intake and exaust, so wondering if there are any benefits to a chip mod.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM

First,Congrats on the car! Good Choice! Next,Pretty Much EVERYONE I have encountered with one swears that the CP-E intake is the best out there so that is probably a good choice for you.
As far as exhaust,it depends on personal preferences like sound,looks,airflow,etc,etc. Alot of people here swear by Magnaflow,Flowmaster,Injen,skunk,etc. Personally I swear by my Tanabe Concept G exhaust as it has a perfect blend of looks,performance,price,and overall sound quality. when at idle,you can barely hear it,but when you get on it,it sounds tough! Just my 2 cents though. Almost all the companies nowadays have soundclips on their websites so you can get an idea of sound and if you checkout pics of other 6's with aftermarket exhausts through here and other websites you can see how it looks.
As far as a chip,I would honestly ask Mr Tea about it since he is the true expert in that department and is a senior member of virtually EVERY Mazda 6 website on the net!
Good Luck either Way! I hope you get what you want! Keep us updated on your progress!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2640/C70FE8A851C5493CB7C95A4FDD7968F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 AM

Ya the cp-e intake is going to be the best that you can get because of the maf customizer, but its alittle expensive. If you went with the mazdaspeed intake it wont void your warranty and it will give you the best peformance next to the cp-e intake. So it depends on the money. I went with magnaflow on exhaust because its got a deep sound and its not to loud. But just like what mazda0to6ty says everybody has their own opinion on stuff. Chips and stuff im on the same boat with you.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 AM

quick thing, CP-E doesn't "come with a MAF" just a box that fools what goes from our MAF to the ECU. 2nd, there is no chip, no electronic dodad, or anything that works for the 6 as of yet. Unichip has some offerings, but i feel a bit more "worth it" if you have a local dealer/dyno to make sure it's perfect on your car.

i love the Magnaflow on the V6, sounds frickin great!

Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM

so the cp-e is a rip off? explain more about that mr tea please. ya i just got my magnaflows put on and i love it.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 PM

in the other thread i told you, CP-E is the absolute best intake there is for the 6s. there are no upgraded MAF's for our car....from anywhere

Old 03-02-2007, 05:55 AM

ok so you recomend the cp-e for sure then?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: MrTea

...and my views are COMPLETELY different for cp-e's intake on the 6i

Sorry to be cutting in, I know you guys are talkin about the 6s CAI's but well I actually have a 6i, any suggestions for me Mr. Tea? Would be greatly appreciated.

I'll tell you one thing, CP-E is definitely out of the question. I can't afford it (well technically I can) but refuse to dish out that much for my 6i. Now on the other hand, if I did have a 6s, I would more than likely get a CP-E since obviously we've heard so many great things.

With that being said, will all the other top brands throw a CEL regardless??? Such as Injen, AEM, K&N, and Mazdaspeed CAI's. I hear so much and now I am in a world of confusion. My first thoughts wereto buy either theInjen orAEM. From what I hearthese give thebest performances aside from CP-E (likeI said, I thinkCP-E isimpractical for a6i, just my opinion) so automatically I'm drawn to these two brands. Please care to throw inyour $.02? I oviously wouldlove to notthrow aCEL but is it possible to not throw one with any of the brandsI mentioned???If not, Injen or AEM? I like Injen because you can change it to short ram on rainy days . Then again I live in SoCal so it friggin barely rains anway! And yes I am mad because I love boarding.

Quick Reply: MAF Customizer