Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

MAF Customizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Default RE: MAF Customizer

any intake other than the cp-e has a chance of throwing a cel. some people get it quicker than others but you will eventualy get it. just go with the cp-e and get it over with. your going to buy an intake and end up wasting more money when you want to get the cp-e because your not satisfied with the other offerings..

Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 PM

i completely disagree if Daishi is talking about the 6i.....i can't speak enough about how i don't agree with it!

1st, if your car is late '04 or newer, chances are you don't have to deal with the CEL issue for more than a day, if that. seems the newer ecu's/flashes get used to it pretty quickly. (on teh same note, the newer v6's don't gain as much as mazda smoothed out some tunign issues from the early years)

2nd, though i only ran the cp-e for a month or so before i though it was an overpriced piece of junk for my car, it showed far from a $250 improvement over my previous intakes. that being AEM SRS and CAI (which i prototyped for them, and the Injen CAI (which i also did the prototyping for) felt just as good, the biggest differnce was sound i felt.

3rd, neither the K&N or Mazdaspeed will give you a CEL no matter what year you have....but they do produce a bit less HP. but you could get one of these intakes and an optimized TB for less than the cp-e intake, make just as much or more power, better throttle tip-in AND not have a CEL.

\end rant

AGAIN, this is in regards to the 6i, 6s owners please buy cp-e, as even at the price i was very pleased with the results on the car!

Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 AM

so which one sounded nicer AEM or Injen?[8D]

as far as installing im sure i can find it somewhere here in this forum or mazdatech but if someone can shoot me the link faster it would be great so i dont have to hunt for the directions.

totally am not looking forward to installinga CAIsomeday since i read you have to take the front bumper off along with the left wheel well? sounds complicated, then again i am a newb to this. hope its an easy install...

Old 03-07-2007, 04:02 AM

oh another thing, this thread originally was about the MAF customizer right? and how you can put it on a, lets say, Injen CAI?well it sounds like its not that necessary to put one onfor a AEM or Injen CAI 2.3L 6i set up right? either way no CEL would be thrown for more than a day. unless maybe you're the type that wants it? does it produce better performance? the darn thing cost like $250 bucks! is that also why CP-E costs a grip because it comes with CAI and MAF customizer?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 AM

i dont think you have to take off your left wheel or front bumper to install the intake, i think you just have lift the car up and unhook the plastic cover around the wheel and bottom bumper, tho i could be wrong. I think you shouldnt bother with the MAF if you have a 6i because mr tea knows what hes talking about. And yes that is why the cp-e cost so much. ive heard from a few people that the cp-e pipe isnt any wider then the aem or injen or mazdaspeed. This is all information that ive heard from others.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:56 AM

o.. sorry didnt realise you guys were talking about the 6i lol. i have a friend with the injen intake on his 6i the cel goes on once in a while for a couple days then comes off..