Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

mazda 6 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Default mazda 6 question

Hi, I am a 05 camry owner, but recently I've taken some interested in mazda6 and I'm thinking of trading in my car for a 2004 or 2005 mazda 6 or maybe the turbo edition. But the problem is i dont know if thats a good idea because I dont know what type of history mechanical problems mazda have from the past mazda 6 and the most recent ones. I've done some searched but havent found any reliable sources. So i'm asking you guyz, mazda6 owners, for your opinion. My main question; is the Mazda6 reliable enough to go up to 150k to 200k miles on the engine, comparing the camry? And what kind of computer or mechanic difficulties have you guyz gone through with your car? Thanks for your information.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Default RE: mazda 6 question

The Camry is a reliable car in it's class and the MAzda6 would have about the same reliability just in a higher more optioned class. They're really nbice and no car is perfect but Mazda has one of the lowest new car release problem rates right now. Most companies have around a 3 to 5% problem rate on new cars and Mazda has less than 2% depending on the car, I think the MAzda6 has a less than 1% problem/recal. Even the "problematic" Rx-8 only has 4% problems in it's line. Sop you would have a car that is just as reliable but have more room and more features. I hope to be welcoming you to the Mazda family soon.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 AM

thanks for the info. I will look more into the car first. But most likely I will get mazda6 since it look better than the 05 camry. Also, based on the mazda event i went last year, mazda6 is more fun to drive.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 AM

my mazda6 has never let me down. it's a great vehicle to drive! very comfortable (i don't have leather as you tend to stick to it and it gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter), great performance both speedwise and auto-x driving. the wind noise is kept to a minimum, both city and highway.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I think you should look into getting the Mazda 6. It doesnt matter what model you get, each one has so many benefits. I have the 2.3 liter engine, 4 speed and I love it. I am getting 26 mpg and it has alot of pep for the engine size. When you think of a Mazda think reliable, fun to drive and great looks!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:01 AM

I love my mazda 6. Havent had any problems yet knock on wood. I do like the looks of the brand new camery!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 AM

it seems you have already made your decision but to even further convert you i will voice my opinion....whats that?....you dont want my opinion?....well TOO BAD *ahem*

I have had the chance to drive both cars, the 05 camry CE and the 06 Mazda 6s, both in auto and have found numerous pros and cons between them. Lets start by comparing the camry to the 6, the camrys look are althought apper to be sleek and stylish but beauty is only skin deep for this car, the camry features your standard everyday console and guage cluter with effort in making the display not that sophisticated, while the 6 features a very sleek and high end looking setup from factory, from the nicely designed console with easy to read and find buttons, to the uniquly colored LED's that are not a visulally soothing and not a pain to look at, unlike the camry. For the interior of the camry includes your standard comfort with an ok layout, while the 6 takes it time to setup the design to even compliment the console design with extremly comfortable and deep seats that are easily adjustabe to fit any comfortable position. The camry does a good job of trying to provide equal space to fit people in the back as well as in the front, also has a very nice trunk layout that is extremely long, the 6 also does a superb job of doing its best to make comfort for up to 5 people and also has alot of space in the trunk although not as long as the camry but it is deeper. The camry has had a long line life time but now its more like beating a dead horse, toyota tries to spice things up by introducing a hybrid version but to no avail, the 6 although only 3 years old has a wide variety of model selections even offers a two more classes than the camry, which are the MAZDASPEED 6 series and its sport sedan series. The power between these two cars although comparable the 6 still comes out on top, the 6 has a very strong and realiable motor, but is often hindered by Mazda trying to cut corners but also redeems itself by making a one of kind free flowing cat just as good as aftermarket one, the camry although having a slight advantage in torque cannot hold its own against the 6 for long. Unfortunalty this is where Mazda drops the ball due to strict (and utterly stupid) emissions regulations they were forced to make a very hard to work with ECU that would drive some major gearhead away from this car, but also provides those same people with a unique challenge. The camry does not have that much of a problem in that department and also gains points for having a extensive library of aftermarket availbilty, but then again the 6 has only been out for 3 yrs. and takes time to develop such products.The sound quality between these two are different Toyota should be ashamed, Mazda has taken a company that has been known for making only decent home audio and turned many audiophile skeptics into beilevers.

And thats all i got

Old 06-07-2006, 08:38 PM

thanks tracker, for the detailed comparison between the camry and 6. Now, I must get the mazda6 s sedan or maybe the turbo one. And I really appreciate everyone who shared their opinion and thoughts on the 6 since people viewed this thread, but decided not to share their thoughts.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 AM

no prob, my guess either your right and people ignored this thread or they just had only one sided opinions.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 AM

ah, i never had the chance to drive around in a camry (either passenger-wise or driver-wise) so i couldn't have any input on that information. tracker, you did an awesome job explaining the differences between the camry and the 6!

Quick Reply: mazda 6 question