Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda remote programming problems- bought key from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Default Mazda remote programming problems- bought key from ebay

I have a problem trying to program my mazda key for my mazda 6 2006.

I followed the instructions exactly but it does not work for me. (responds to original
mazda key but does not respond to new key when doing step 8). i know lots of forum members got this method to work so i think it might have to do with my key.

I bought the key from the UK(its the one with 3 buttons) and the mazda i own is in Australia. It looks like the key design is slightly different if you see picture 2. the one from the UK is made by mitsubishi and the one from Australia is made by Visteon.

Could this be the problem for my car not recognising the UK remote?

I bought the remote from ebay btw..

here's the steps i have followed (taken from Answers.com - How do you program a 2005 Mazda 3 key less remote)

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.
Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door
Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.
Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.
Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step
Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.
Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.
Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.
Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Frequency could be entirely different due to euro regulations vs aussie

Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

If the FFC ID and IC codes on the new one don't match your old ones, send it back.
In this case, not even the model numbers match, so I would say you are SOL this time.