Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda6 Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Question Mazda6 Bluetooth problem

I just purchased a Mazda6 Touring with Bluetooth. While the car's Bluetooth pairs fine with my Blackberry Bold (9700), the connection disconnects and reconnects every few seconds making it impossible to call or receive a call. The service department said it's my Blackberry's reception, but my phone is 5x5 with no lessening in signal strength. Does anyone have any similar experience with Mazda Bluetooth and is there a fix? Thanks.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Default info?

ya might wanna include some info on the the actual car you bought man....the year might be something helpful.....

Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 AM

If the car is new and still under warranty, take it to the dealer and have them fix it. That should fall under warranty work and not cost you a dime, also they will give you a loaner for the duration, also at no cost.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Default Similar Problem

Ok so I have a 2009 i Grand Touring and have had nothing but problems with my Bluetooth. The first time I took it in was because the entire Bluetooth option from the menu would just disappear. They said it was a loose connection on the module and that they fixed it. The second time (same problem), they replaced the whole module. Now I have a different problem. Partly, it disconnects and reconnects from my phone randomly. Not as often as andrewbl but enough to be annoying.
Beyond that though is that nobody can hear me. Everybody who I talk to says like I sound like I'm under water. I have a Blackberry 8820 and I end up having to switch over to the speaker phone because it's so bad. Again this is not always like that. Sometimes it seems to work fine (like when I called the dealer and he could hear me). Of course I've tried the normal repairing etc. Now I also tried paring my phone with a Garmin Nuvi navigation with Bluetooth and that works without a problem and consistently. I'm not really sure what to do and I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer without some more information (like if anybody else has this kind of problem).

Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Thumbs up Vindicated...finally

Well, I no longer think that Mazda thinks I don't really have a problem with my Mazda 6 Bluetooth. Yesterday, the service department manager called me advising there is a new service bulletin advising that there is indeed a problem with the logic board in the 2010 Mazda6. They are now replacing that logic unit. Supposedly this only applies to 2010 Mazda 6, but I found a 2008 Mazda service bulletin that already addresses the BT problems for some models. Anyone interested can find the bulletin at this link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...UEiJPfbBp2GwnA

Good luck,