Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

My 6 runs fine one minute, won't start at all the next minute!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Unhappy My 6 runs fine one minute, won't start at all the next minute!

I have a 2006 Mazda 6 2.3l.

It's been running fine! No rough riding, jerking or anything. I drove it back home after my holiday vacation and unloaded all my stuff. About 2 hours later I'm gonna head to the store and when I try to crank it, it won't start. It sounds like a healthy turnover and all my lights and stuff work fine, so I don't think it's the battery.

Several issues that people have suggested have been spark plugs (although it seems odd that they'd all go out at the same time), anti-theft (no security light is on though), fuses (checked all I could think to check and they all seem fine), and several other things. It does have gas.

I'm at a loss and can't get it towed until Monday and even then I can't even afford it right now (stupid present buying habits!).

I just am wracking my brain trying to figure out what would make it run perfectly one second and not start at all the next. Any suggestions?

I know it's kind of vague, but I hope somebody might have an idea or two.

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:13 PM

check your MAF sensor (mass air flow) its connected to your air box, could be that, could be the intake manifold plugins below it that are sitting on top of the 3 spark plugs, if its not connected properly it wont start. There can be many many reasons.