Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

No Front Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 08:47 AM
Default No Front Turn Signals

This last weekend, I replaced the headlight assemblies in my wife's 2007 Mazda 6 sedan. I replaced all the bulbs as well. I checked and cleaned all electrical connection and the wiring harness for each assembly. When testing the lights, neither front turn signals were flashing. Both rears were flashing faster than normal (as expected when the front bulbs aren't functioning.) I found it strange that applying the 4-ways, the rear turn signals did not flash faster than normal. The high and low beams function properly. I removed the turn signal bulbs to check them. They are both brand new bulbs and the filaments are intact. I am confident that the bulbs are in the socket correctly and are inserted in the housings correctly. I tested the fuses and they are good. Before the insulation, the front driver-side turn signal bulb did not work and the passenger side did. I believe the bulb was bad. I read something about a relay behind the instrument cluster. Could this be the cause of this problem. Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks.

Additional info:
This is my wife's daily driver. I do maintenance but do not drive it regularly. We bought this car December 2019 so I have not been under the hood of this car much. I am new to this car but not new to automotive work.

Once again thanks for any assistance.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

If you look at the black plastic bulb holder for the indicators, you will see two metal contacts, if you put a small piece of rubber or folded paper under the contacts to spread them out fractionally, it usually fixes your problem.

Have you checked for power & earth on the headlight housing where the bulb holds clip into place?