Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Painting my brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Default Painting my brake calipers

I own the gray mazda6 and i was wondering what color of paint would be nice looking for my brake calipers. I was thinking red or yellow but i havent seen them on a car yet to know if it would be nice looking or not. Would painting the calipers void that part of the warantee?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Default RE: Painting my brake calipers

Painting your calipers should in no way affect the warranty unless you damage something in the process. I think red would look really nice myself. Any special wheels or other accessories you might have added that a certain color would compliment?

Old 08-18-2005, 10:15 AM

do them white

Old 08-18-2005, 03:48 PM

as was previously said, if you have a "theme" color then stick to it. Red usually looks good since aftermarket calipers are often red. I would aviod dull silver or white, just because I personally don't think it would look right with the silver of the wheels. And white, as any light color, would show dirt/brake dust rather easily

Old 08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Administrator

i have worked at a dealership, and i have never heard of caliper painted voiding a warranty

Old 08-19-2005, 03:03 PM

okay, thank you guys. I'm still leaning towards the red paint. I want to get a new set of wheels but I am not sure what yet. I figured the warrantee wouldn't be voided if I painted them but I thought maybe it could be a violation. Once again, thanks guys!

Old 08-20-2005, 03:23 AM
roo

Another vote for red calipers. We have a different type of car, which is silver, and we chose to go with a powdercoating process...and we chose black. We put the STi front brakes on a Forester XT, and didn't want to create a high profile look. I really like the black, and it hides the brake dust pretty well.

If I were doing it again, I might choose red, though.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:05 PM

you're not going to go wrong with black. but red definately gives the best sporty look for calipers

Old 08-23-2005, 06:22 PM

I have steel gray and I am thinking about going with some shade of orange for the calipers and decals. Opinions?

Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 AM

I just picked up my red caliper paint, I think this is going to turn out real nice looking. That orange paint would be pretty sweet lookin'.

Quick Reply: Painting my brake calipers