Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Default Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas

Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy some parts for my sportwagon (my christmas gift to self, hehehe) and was looking to buy a K&N Air Filter, mount aftermarket PIAA foglights in the lower bumper where the vents are, consider a front strut brace and tint the windows.

The tinting I will do locally but do you guys recommend any aftermarket company? I used to goto Neuspeed for my VW aftermarket parts.

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 AM
Default RE: Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas

If you're going for the K&N, I'd go for the full Typhoon CAI system, about 250 (knfilters.com). I think MAZDASPEED has a short shift for the 5 speed. There's a strut bar at http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...&partid=31. Good luck.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:19 PM

How good does that strut bar work? I might be interested in that! Can you feel the difference in normal driving? I do push the limits sometimes. But 61.00 isnt bad for a handling difference. Also, is it easy to install?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:56 PM

I don't have one of those strut bars, at least not yet. I just found that when I was looking for stuff for Mario.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:41 PM

I had one installed on my older 95 VW Passat VR6 and it made a noticeable difference especially when coming on/off ramps with the gas on..reduced flex in the front end.

I bought an Audi A4 Quattro and just sold that after 6 years - didn't need the strut bar because it had a double firewall for the quattro so it the front end was heavy duty reinforced.

I would have an aftermarket tuner or mechanic who is familiar with shocks/struts do the installation.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Can't say the K&N would be my first choice for a CAI for a 6,but to each his own I guess,I have had the AEM,the Injen,and Now have the MAZDASPEED CAI and have had the best results with the mazdaspeed one,but for your original question-
Everything you could want for your 6 all at one place. They are a sponsor for the Mazda6 clubs and specialize in the 6 specifically and have for quite some time! They offer group buys to everyone in mazda6club.com and always the best prices in general. Revolution Performance Motorsports! Check with people on the forums,they have an awesome reputation with the 6'ers and I have personally done quite a bit of busioness with them and my 6 has been nationwide on the net and at shows!
http://www.therpmstore.com/index.php

Old 02-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I checked out the RPM and they really do have good stuff for the 6. I'd recommend buying from them as well.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 PM

the strut tower bar on the 6 will do nothing as far as handling goes.. just going to give you a better look under the hood.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:10 PM

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/model.php?mod_id=2

they have quite a bit of stuff as well for the 6

how about http://www.mazda6online.com i think they'd have some stuff too

Quick Reply: Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas