Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas

Yea,that's it,Struttower bars are just for looks huh...LMFAO Now I've heard it all! I bet that's why virtually every roadrace car in the world uses them!...lol

Old 02-16-2007, 01:29 AM

actually, on the6 (and the 3) the strut tower bar, serves 95% looks 5% function. with the frame tied into the front towers, there is only about 6" of material available for flex on the top end of the car. if you look at the tripoint cars, they have tubes triangulated to the firwall, but nothing connecting the 2 towers. sorry to burst the bubble

there is room for improvement on the underside though. the ladder bracing for the front subframe tightens things up pretty well for front flex

Old 02-16-2007, 02:22 AM

Actually on the Team Tindol ESPLANAUB car there is a tower bar braced between the two fron towers and NOT attached to the firewall at all. Guess it depends on the car huh? They are both 6's and yet have different setups. No Bubble Burst here!

Old 02-16-2007, 02:28 AM

don't you think if it was that important, the winning mazda team would have it??

Old 02-16-2007, 03:21 AM

Nope! The whole point of these types of races is to test the DRIVER more than the car anyway. Most types of Modern racing are based on the driver being the main difference. Regardless,I am not here to have a pissing contest with you since it does not matter that much to me anyway. You set up your car the way you want ,and I will set mine up the way I want!

Old 02-16-2007, 04:09 AM

i agree....and my car is setup for the track

Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 AM

May I see that strut bar. Does it look good? Because I might get one for me.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 AM

Ok Mr Tea,so I DO also like the way it looks in my car!
Name:  StreetTunerMayhem200625.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  108.7 KB

Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM

obviously you know nothing just because its functional on other cars doesn mean its going to do anything on ours. you sound like the typical kid who does crap to their car just because everyone else has it done so you think damn it must be good.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Daishi

obviously you know nothing just because its functional on other cars doesn mean its going to do anything on ours. you sound like the typical kid who does crap to their car just because everyone else has it done so you think damn it must be good.
First of all,you must not know anything. What do you mean by "OUR" cars. I have yet to see that you even have a car,much less anything done to it! Second of all,Your more of a kid than I am since I am in my thirties dumbass! You should know who/what your talking about before you talk to someone.
It's funny how you talk all this crap and noone has seen your car much less any mods like you supposedly know about.
Lastly,I don't race my car (and I highly doubt you have ever seen the inside of the pits)anymore,I used to race stock cars (700hp plus) for over 5 years on tracks throughout the state and some out of state so don't tell me **** about power. I wouldn't have bought a Mazda in the first place if I was wanting a race car (No offense to the guys who really do know) I built my car for show and for car audio which I have won about a dozen trophies for last summer alone!
My car does EXACTLY what it was built for and I enjoy driving it which is ALL that matters so until you know what you are talking about "Daishi",Don't run your moronic mouth!
It's funny that BEFORE you joined this forum we didn't have people running there mouths here like you!

So,If you aren't gonna help people or at least know something about what you are saying first,why don't you just be a SILENT member!

Quick Reply: Performance & Aftermarket Parts - Where 2 with Mazdas