Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Security Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Default Security Alarm question

I am writing to ask some advice about my alarm system. When I try to set it off, I cant, and when I DONT want it to set off, it does.

I am standing outside of the car and ARM the alarm. I attempt to set off the alarm by pulling on the locked door handle and yet no alarm. I attempt to set off the alarm by shaking the car vigorously and yet no alarm.

Ok, so I am now sitting inside the car and ARM the alarm. I attempt to set off the alarm by pulling on the locked door handle and the alarm GOES OFF.
Here are a few thoughts, if I am inside the car, shouldn't the car assume that I own the vehicle and turn off the alarm if I open the door from the inside?

The ONLY situation I can see where this would remotely make sense is if the theif breaks the window and reaches down to open the door from the inside. However, in this case, there should be sensors on the windows if they break. I dont know if they do or not, but I am not going to test this, heh.
The reason why this is frustrating: Several times I have locked the car with my wireless remote on accident and then my wife inside the car tries to open the door, poof the alarm goes off. Or, when I am inside the car, turn off the car and in the instance from when I remove the car from the ignition, my finger accident hits the Lock button, and usually when this occurs I am busy doing something else or in a hurry. So when I attempt to open to door I set off the alarm.

Is my alarm system setup backwards? If not, then I think I will just disable the whole system, cuase it just makes no sense.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Default RE: Security Alarm question

Your alarm is working correctly, I have been in a few mazda 6's and they all work that way unless you paid extra to get the shock sensor installed which responds to vibrations.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 PM

But I just dont seem to grasp the concept behind how it is setup. Why it would go off if you opened the doors from the inside? It doesn't seem to make sense. Since it bothers me so much, how can I disable the alarm? Car alarms seem to be an annoyance to the passer by anyway.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 PM

the alarm is going off because the door is opening, it senses the door pin is being let go, the door opens the same wether you are inside or outside the vehicle. If you go to a local stereo shop they can put a simple alarm in your car that will go off when you strike it because most alarms have shock sensors. They also have starter kill which disconnects the starter when the alarm goes off....

Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM

Last question, How can I just easily disable my alarm? I just dont want it.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:25 PM

s018mes.... The car alarm works that if you lock the doors with your clicker is acknowledges that the car is locked and engages the alarm. If you open up the doors from the inside while it is locked it assumes that someone is breaking in, the alarm then goes off, just as if the windows were open and you reached inside to open it, the alarm would go off...which is how an alarm system works. I dont really know how this alarm system works on this car since I have only had it for 4 months and is current in the shop due to a blow tranny. I believe you can remove the power to the alarm system by diconnecting it from the battery, but I do not know where it is and I do not know if your clicker will work in opening the doors and locking it as I believe it all goes through the same sensor. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:13 PM

i'm sorry, but are you serious? haha. it makes perfect sense. of course its working properly. it is not working backwards. just as sk8trbaby said, imagine you "armed"the car and you left your window cracked.a "theif" reaches his hand in the car and unlocks it; the alarm will go off. but in this particular case, you actually sat in the car and opened it yourself while it was "armed"... or same as if you locked it yourself with no windows cracked then somehow someone picks the lock from outside; the alarm will go off. your car does NOT have vibration sensors outside(at least not to my knowledge, just going off previous experiance with other alarm systems) it might have sensors inside (dont quote me on that). it just senses if it is being opened while in "armed" mode. it doesnt matter if you're in the car or outside of the car. and obviously ifdoorsare being opened or possibly windows beingshatteredwhile in"armed" modethen at that pointthe car will think its not of consent by owner and go off.

p.s. i dont suggest by any means to remove or disconnect the power to the alarm unless you honestly dont want it, but i wouldnt see why not since its working perfectly fine.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM

Do not by any means try to disconnect the factory alarm if you do that you wont be able to start the car as your theft module around the key cylinder is tied into it! Also who knows what else it will affect and how bad your warranty will be affected by it ! Every one else is right it is working how a factory alarm is supposed to , unless you get the upgraded shock sensor ) it will only monitor the door pins nothing else .