Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Service cost - Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2024, 12:12 PM
Default Service cost - Is this normal?

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. This is my first time posting here, and I'm hoping to get some advice.

I took my Mazda 6 in for service today and received the bill, but I'm not very familiar with current service costs. There was no MOT involved, and I’m wondering if the charges seem reasonable.

I'd really appreciate any insights or opinions you might have!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-12-2024, 01:26 PM

Welcome ot the forum

First this really can be answered by someone living in your country and region and is a little educated (self0 with the service cost in your SPECIC area. This includes also knowing the current independent service shops rates?

So you need to really do more of your own research to answer your questions.

Even here I get into some interesting debates about dealer vs in depend shop rates and charges and that is only in one state let alone all the US states and Canada. LOL
In the shop I work some say the hourly rate now is ridicules @ 225 per hour. But it is about average for the area I am in. And we do not charge that for any long time customers that we have service for more then 10 years.

I will tell you in case you did not realize this but even in your country dealerships are Independently owned businesses. hey only have a contact to sell specific platforms. And there is a little different labor rate table that goes for every dealership anywhere that they are recommended to use. Dealership have generally compared a much larger overhead to remain in business.